Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

  • Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1

    Default What Anime Carries A Relevant Moral Lesson?

    One of the duties of those who entertain us the responsibility to understand their own subject matter and what it can mean to those who bear witness to it. Film makers, musicians, artists; each know that their audiences are affected by their work in some way, shape, or form. Whether or not they choose to take that opportunity to teach us something they feel is relevant to the day and carries weight outside the theater, concert, or any presentation is solely up to them.

    I am of the belief that even anime has this capability, that a gifted staff of people working on a series, OVA, or film in the anime genre can tell us something that moves us. Anyone who has watched a film like "Barefoot Gen" can attest to this.

    But what is being made today that is relevant to this interest? Can you think of anything? What can the makers of anime try to do to make an impactful work for us, their loyal viewers?

  2. #2

    Default

    Well when i watched School Days it made me feel diffrent about the relationships i get into if you wanna say that's a moral lesson.
    Last edited by Tenomaru; 11-11-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  3. #3
    A slight murderous impulse
    Pokota's Avatar
    • Jan 2009
    • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • Male
    • 2,663

    Default

    The only thing that springs immediately to mind is Welcome to the NHK, which, in the end, is about taking control of your own life, despite the pitfalls of addiction, obsession, and rationalization. Hiding isn't living, no matter where or how you choose to hide, which is illustrated by the continuing bad choices of the main characters. It also shows us that you can't look to others for salvation, but there is nothing wrong with accepting or asking for help in claiming your own salvation. There was a lot of serious behind the hilarious.
    "I teach Karate, Judo, and Sumo on the Internet. Come at me." -- Professor Ueda

  4. #4
    Blue Lobstah Batman
    Trowa-B's Avatar
    • Jan 2009
    • There was this one time when I hooked up my lawnmower to my Nintendo"
    • Male
    • 3,470

    Default

    Grenadier. Large anime breasts can bring about world peace.

    I don't know. Paranoia Agent's thing about people externalizing their problems through consumerism seemed kind of moral-like at the time.

    Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

  5. #5

    Default

    Anime very often times have moral lessons. I'm sure plenty of the ones I've watched carry moral lessons. Right now, my brain's a little fried, but I'll be back with a good, in-depth response to do this thread justice. ^.^

    Anime Academia is a new social group on A4.
    This group aims to harbor intelligent and in-depth discussion on all realms of the anime world.
    If you are interested in talking about your fandom in a mature and serious manner, please PM myself to join. ^.^


  6. #6

    Default

    Well an the obvious choice would be Naruto, protect important ppl bla bla. But i think most animes have at least one lesson to learn from them (whether there morals or not)

  7. #7

    Default

    Death Note comes to mind, and the moral is that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Unfortunately not all Death Note fans seem to have picked up on that...
    Visit Ikkokufan1's Youtube channel right here!

     Spoiler



  8. #8

    Default

    Each anime series I've watched parted both entertainment and learning experience. I would never get into a series if I wouldn't be value adding to me as a person.

    If I were to choose an anime series that carries a relevant lesson in life, it would have to be Golden Boy. It's shown at the start of the episode that Oe Kintaro is struggling because he's still unfamiliar with his current job. As the episode goes on, he's beginning to feel comfortable with the job and adopts to it eventually. At the end of every episode, there's always a "told you so" moment...

    I can relate to it very much because I'm kinda slow starter too. However, when I'm able to adjust with the given circumstances, most of the time I'm performing my job effectively and efficiently...
    The appearance of an adult and the mind of a child! His name is CoolKid3!




  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.CoolKid1412 View Post
    If I were to choose an anime series that carries a relevant lesson in life, it would have to be Golden Boy. It's shown at the start of the episode that Oe Kintaro is struggling because he's still unfamiliar with his current job. As the episode goes on, he's beginning to feel comfortable with the job and adopts to it eventually. At the end of every episode, there's always a "told you so" moment...
    Golden Boy did have good morals in it, not just in adopting to new environments, but to actually explore different fields and occupations to learn from them. The positive attitude and desire to work hard was also an inspiration for me as well.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khimera9 View Post
    Golden Boy did have good morals in it, not just in adopting to new environments, but to actually explore different fields and occupations to learn from them. The positive attitude and desire to work hard was also an inspiration for me as well.
    Yah, Kintaro's passion for learning is just tremendous! For me, he's like a more realistic version of Naruto when it comes to hardwork...
    The appearance of an adult and the mind of a child! His name is CoolKid3!




  11. #11
    Blue Lobstah Batman
    Trowa-B's Avatar
    • Jan 2009
    • There was this one time when I hooked up my lawnmower to my Nintendo"
    • Male
    • 3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khimera9 View Post
    Golden Boy did have good morals in it, not just in adopting to new environments, but to actually explore different fields and occupations to learn from them. The positive attitude and desire to work hard was also an inspiration for me as well.
    Always finish what you set out to do? ... That's my best guess

    Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

  12. #12

    Default

    I see many on environmental impact such as Princess Mononoke, or Arjuna.

  13. #13

    Default

    They ALL have morals. Some are just more (or perhaps too) obvious than others.

    The real trick is to write what you value without beating people over the head with it.
    "One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star." -GK Chesterton

  14. #14
    Making all kinds of gains
    Mizumi's Avatar
    • Jun 2007
    • In your Noggin
    • Female
    • 10,594

    Default

    Digimon teaches many lessons about friendship and family values, most episodes have some kind of teaching in them about something.


     Spoiler



  15. #15

    Default

    Chobits is considered a classic and a fan favorite among Otaku world wide. This is partly because of its entertaining story and lovable/well performed characters but it is also because it holds an idea or moral that is very relevant to most core otaku.

    Don't fall in love with what isn't real.

    In Chobits, the main protagonist, Hideki experiences several situations where the idea of "is it ok to love a robot" emerges. This moral battle is a progressive theme for the whole series and concludes in a way that although many claim to be unsatisfying and inconclusive, shows that it is ok to love something that is not real, but not to fall in love with something that isnt real.

    Otaku sometimes slip into the illusion that they are indeed in love with one of thier favorite characters, but they are not real, and so it will never be a positive experience for them. This is the moral Chobits tried to show.

    *coughes* imo

    ChatterboxZombie is like, Dokuro-chans biggest NZ fan or something
    Pipirupirupirupipirupi~
    Interested in Anime Reviews? CLICK HERE





  16. #16
    A4's No.1 Stalker Gorilla
    Lord Mogar's Avatar
    • Jul 2007
    • In the Underworld, dood.
    • Male
    • 580

    Default

    Cowboy Bebop teaches you a lesson about what happens when you leave things in the fridge too long.

  17. #17

    Default

    More or less every anime tries to say something. Usually it's the importance of our chosen ones and the others(what is usually referred to as opponents) die(I don't consider this moral btw). A cartoon I thought had good morality lessons was Bravestarr for the older ones here.
    Currently watching: Shakugan no Shana Season 3

    Philosophical quote of the week: " A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "-Confucius

  18. #18
    Loli with a shotty.
    SilverSakura's Avatar
    • Oct 2008
    • on vibrant wings to reach the sky. ♥
    • Female
    • 1,960

    Default

    Cardcaptor Sakura teaches all about friendship, love, and courage.

    By making and having her friends, Sakura starts to get the courage to go out and get the Cards, and by the end of the anime she goes from a scared crybaby to Master of the Clow. And even falls in love too.


    You have just been SakuRAWRed!
    I'll be your Sakura if you'll be my Syaoran
    ::but you can't explain a love like ours ~ 5/21/10::
     Spoiler

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
    One of the duties of those who entertain us the responsibility to understand their own subject matter and what it can mean to those who bear witness to it. Film makers, musicians, artists; each know that their audiences are affected by their work in some way, shape, or form. Whether or not they choose to take that opportunity to teach us something they feel is relevant to the day and carries weight outside the theater, concert, or any presentation is solely up to them.

    I am of the belief that even anime has this capability, that a gifted staff of people working on a series, OVA, or film in the anime genre can tell us something that moves us. Anyone who has watched a film like "Barefoot Gen" can attest to this.

    But what is being made today that is relevant to this interest? Can you think of anything? What can the makers of anime try to do to make an impactful work for us, their loyal viewers?
    this is a wondeful idea for a thread!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokota View Post
    The only thing that springs immediately to mind is Welcome to the NHK, which, in the end, is about taking control of your own life, despite the pitfalls of addiction, obsession, and rationalization. Hiding isn't living, no matter where or how you choose to hide, which is illustrated by the continuing bad choices of the main characters. It also shows us that you can't look to others for salvation, but there is nothing wrong with accepting or asking for help in claiming your own salvation. There was a lot of serious behind the hilarious.
    I wrote this down and put it on my to watch list sounds very Requiem for a dream ish

    Quote Originally Posted by Taki View Post
    Anime very often times have moral lessons. I'm sure plenty of the ones I've watched carry moral lessons. Right now, my brain's a little fried, but I'll be back with a good, in-depth response to do this thread justice. ^.^
    I know the feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mogar View Post
    Cowboy Bebop teaches you a lesson about what happens when you leave things in the fridge too long.
    Yeah but still spike! would eat anything! lol


    Okay~Elfen lied pop's in to my head when i think of Anime that have a strong moral lesson! I think the lesson that this show try to teach, is that all humans need love and acceptence, You could traspond the Diclinours goes through for evrey raceism, sexism really any ism

  20. #20
    And on the drawing was the name I took...
    Gamma's Avatar
    • Oct 2005
    • The Phantom Train
    • Female
    • 14,138

    Default

    Gosh there are so many. Where would you start?

    I've also found that anime that I watched when I was younger, if I watch it again, I get something else entirely out of it because I am older now and have a different understanding.

    Like when I saw Akira the first time. I was pretty young. Maybe 10 or 11. The first time I watched it, I thought it was a warning against experimenting to far, you know, trying to be like God. Now when I watch it, I get the sense that you should be extremely careful what you wish for.

    Today, I'd say that anime falls into two categories. Being overly subtle, to the point where the message is sometimes lost, like in Paprika. Or being too overbearing, like in Monster. The children's genre's all say the same thing now. Be good to your friends, fight your destiny, do your best, never quit.

    Sig by Shannon Apple


    Go take this survey, help us make A4 better!

    I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. -Matthew Quigley

  21. #21

    Default

    5 centimetres per second - people grow apart unintentionally no matter how strongly they feel for eachother. Sometimes it just happens.

  22. #22

    Default

    I'm not sure of the great moral lesson in it, but I recently viewed "La Maison en Petits Cubes." Literally about a guy who's world is submerged under water and he has to keep building new cubes on top of his old house to keep from drowning. At first I wanted to think he's this miserable little guy, but it's quite different from that.

    Beautiful, short animation. Lots of depth to it, without a word being spoken. Everyone here should watch it. It won't really take up that much time.
    Last edited by Tenken; 11-13-2009 at 06:04 PM.

    "Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger."
    Common Errors in English Usage

  23. #23

    Default

    School Days don't cheat on your partner...
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    Anime List
    Top Fav Anime
    1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    2. Darker Than Black
    3. Black Lagoon
    AMV's (May contain spoilers enter at own risk | All youtube links)
    Jihaku , AMV Hell 3 , AMV Hell 4 , TMOHS
    FMA , Death Note

  24. #24

    Default

    Onegai Teacher. It tells that you can find love anywhere, no matter who you are, or how old you are.. at least the bond between love is pushing you.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokota View Post
    The only thing that springs immediately to mind is Welcome to the NHK, which, in the end, is about taking control of your own life, despite the pitfalls of addiction, obsession, and rationalization. Hiding isn't living, no matter where or how you choose to hide, which is illustrated by the continuing bad choices of the main characters. It also shows us that you can't look to others for salvation, but there is nothing wrong with accepting or asking for help in claiming your own salvation. There was a lot of serious behind the hilarious.
    ^This was fantastically written, couldn't agree more.

    Quote Originally Posted by jasta View Post
    5 centimetres per second - people grow apart unintentionally no matter how strongly they feel for eachother. Sometimes it just happens.
    I also agree with this, although i think this is more obvious then NHK. Since it is basically the main plot of the show and Shinkai makes sure you know that.


     Spoiler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •