Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good horror Animes?

I was looking for some good horror Animes, because i'm kind of new to anime, and i dont really know what to look out for.

Can i get some recommendations?

Thanks
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7606/deathnotee.jpg

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die"

Everyone who's seen it will back me on this one.

Shigurui aka Death Frenzy.

A nighmarish take on edo era Japan all wrapped up in mind melting time bending tale of revenge and retribution.

I mean....it starts with a cgi disemboweelling and plays haunting japanese nursary rhymes as we are shown what people are made off.

But yeah, psychological anime like Perfect Blue, Paranoi Agent, Boogiepop, aspects of Baccano! and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni are the best examples if like me you don't count stuff with immortal overly powerful, overly douchebag vamps with large guns.
    Do You Even YOLO Bro?

Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate are pretty amazing. Action oriented moreso, but the horror is there. Blood+ has a few moments too. Ergo Proxy has a bit of suspenseful horror in it as well. In the end there are a few out there, but it really depends what you want in addition to the horror aspect.

I would like to watch a pure horror anime series though at least once.

''Arale Gray, I love you. <3'' -Jenny Golden

Quote Originally Posted by IcareAlot View Post

A nighmarish take on edo era Japan all wrapped up in mind melting time bending tale of revenge and retribution.

I mean....it starts with a cgi disemboweelling and plays haunting japanese nursary rhymes as we are shown what people are made off.

But yeah, psychological anime like Perfect Blue, Paranoi Agent, Boogiepop, aspects of Baccano! and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni are the best examples if like me you don't count stuff with immortal overly powerful, overly douchebag vamps with large guns.
    I sooooo agree!!! Shigurui death freanzy is my favorite and the best!!

made by Arabianluffy thanks again!!

(Vegetarian-an old indian name meaning "poor hunter")

http://www.vevo.com/watch/rihanna/rude-boy/USUV71000073

Get Monster it is getting rave reviews everywhere I check. It is a long series too!

Perfect Blue is the best horror anime around so I recommend that too.

there ain't that many horror anime though so your out of luck. I wish they had more cuz that's my favorite genre too.

Mononoke is good! It's about traditional Japanese ghost stories. It's more spooky/eerie than jump scenes though.

Perfect Blue is also a good horror movie.

I know everyone is going to rec Higurashi and Umineko, but I will back them up by saying they really are good horror series ^_^

A good one, that also has a great mystery to it is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, then it's second season, Kai.

Then the other on is Umineko no Naku Koro ni, second season of that is coming next year or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSteel View Post
    A good one, that also has a great mystery to it is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, then it's second season, Kai.

Then the other on is Umineko no Naku Koro ni, second season of that is coming next year or something.
    Higurashi is an awesome anime. If you want the english version, then look up When They Cry.

I also know of Elfen Lied and Hellsing. (I haven't seen either of them, only heard they are scary.)
    Hate whiners and love anime
    Bleach best show eva

Blue Lobstah Batman
    • Jan 2009
    • There was this one time when I hooked up my lawnmower to my Nintendo"
    • Male

Super Gals

The thought of that series terrifies me.

...on a serious note, Phantom Quest Corps was a generally unappreciated monster/ghost type series.

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni aka When They Cry is a good one. I'm almost finished with it and it was actually the first anime to truly scare me. Episode 4 will show you why.

The only horror-related anime I've seen is Hellsing Ultimate and Claymore. Both are quite excellent.

Mononoke is a brilliant one.Everyone whom is into the animes should watch that.Hellsing and Berserk are good ones aswell.

I agree with Hellsing but I don't think that Claymore could be horror as much as action with some suspence but Claymore is really go so I recommend it as well....

Higurashi. Death Note. Elfen Lied. Highschool of the Dead. Jigoku Shoujo.
    I don't think I know anymore!

Sailor Moon.....those little fluffballs could scare the hair off of a sweater.

Try Highschool of the Dead. ^_~

Spoiler
    " Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow. " ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Ghost Hound.
    Jigen Daisuke: "The difference between my gun and a real woman - my gun is always faithful".

...Trinity Blood...nah too bland...
    maybe Blood +
    or Hellsing...
    vAMPIRE hUNTER D
    yush, vampires rule! XD

although Basilisk is gruesome too...
    but is just about a bunch of ninjas killing each other

I agree with Hellsing, Elfen Lied is super bloody I could only watch the first episode.

I second most of these (I haven't yet seen Baccano! so I can't vouch for it), though Boogiepop is a favorite of mine.

Try Higurashi no Kori ni/Higurashi no Kori ni Kai or School Days.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Spoiler

I 100% do not back you up one recommending Shigurui. I am really accepting person, like tons of different anime, have way too much of it ... but this series was just bad. I just traded it in to Amazon for like $8 because I knew I would never watch it again. The series has no point and you feel nothing for the characters. I wouldn't consider it horror either. It was quite vulgar, but not horror. Obviously this is just my opinion though. I actually wrote a review on Amazon.com for this series, because there were a lot of 5 star reviews that tricked me into buying it after I stumbled across the title.

Anyway, Perfect Blue is a good horror anime film and if you can consider it horror, Paranoia Agent is really good series. I hear Ghost Hunt is pretty good, but I have not seen it yet.
    Best Anime = Neon Genesis Evangelion

the first ep of Shiki aired recently.
    looks like a promising show
    And you will shed tears of scarlet
    Quote Originally Posted by zombi View Post
    Though cuteness will get me every time. I am a sucker for cuteness. Also zombies.