Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anime Character with the saddest childhood?

I'd go with Iwasawa, from Angel Beats, probably because of the song it seems sadder, but it's still sad.

And Gaara had a sad childhood as well.
    Last edited by Darke; 12-06-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Setsuna Sakurazaki (Negima)
    Chrona (Soul Eater)

Currently Listening To: "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction!
    Things get better things get worse, Life's a blessing life's a curse!
    Current Weight: 253 pounds! Nothing new!

Revy.

Just the stuff she went through as a child is sad and shocking.
    She was beaten up by cops for no reason,I am sure she was rapped at one point(there are some clues very slight ones)
    She had to kill people at a very young age.

I just want to hold and tell her everything is going to be ok
    Last edited by Tsar; 12-05-2010 at 02:10 PM.

This is the thing with anime, whenever theres a strange character or even a villain they always go back and give you all this back story about their childhood trauma and stuff.
    It's known for building character but yeah, like they over do it sometimes, and I've never felt more pity than I have with some of the horrible things that happened to anime characters as they were kids.

Lucy from Elfen Lied had an absolutely miserable childhood. Betrayed, teased, beaten and abandoned, her only friend, an innocent puppy was beaten to death in front of her eyes by evil little boys. I sh*t you not, those evil little f*cking kids were probably the most evil thing I've ever seen. Just for sh*ts and gigs they beat a helpless puppy to death with a flower pot. what the F*CK is wrong with them. Not only that, but Lucy had to deal with the inner confliction and pain of her developing vector abilities. It was truly a sad childhood for her.

Only can think of one Character to rival that in terms of sh*tty childhoods and that's Miyo from Higurashi. Just a normal kid, loves everyday then boom, parents are dead, thrown into worlds worst orphanage and beaten like crap every day. Escapes, begging to contact someone and finally gets through to him. But the glimmer of hope doesn't last and after helping him accomplish his dream he is rejected by his supporters and shot down, before dieing and leaving her alone once more. They over did her back-story man, shes the villain, call me track minded but I don't want to be able to relate that much to the bad guy! that's conflicting, she seemed more human than the rest of the characters ffs and she was evil.

gawd damnit, anime man, this sh*t is messed up.

ChatterboxZombie is like, Dokuro-chans biggest NZ fan or something
    Pipirupirupirupipirupi~
    Interested in Anime Reviews? CLICK HERE

What the hell are you guys talking about? First of all Sasuke's is sadder than Gaara's.

Lucy/Nyuu from Elfen Lied has the saddest, most cruel childhood imaginable.
    Even as an adult..
     Spoiler

---------
    Edit: Good job Chatter. ;P

Let the sea fill your lungs
    • Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

As said, Lucy from Elfen Lied.
    Guts from Berserk had an absolutely terrible childhood (growing up on a battlefield, raped, and murdered his mentor with his own hands after being attacked).
    Chrona from Soul Eater had a really messed up childhood too (terrible mom).
    In a more realistic way, Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion had screwed up childhood (crazy mom).

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^
    8/6/12 Never Forget | #atleastididntcyberadude | 8/21/13 also Never Forget

I just found revys child hood allot more real though.

But thats just my opinion.

Lucy from Elfen Lied had an absolutely miserable childhood. Betrayed, teased, beaten and abandoned, her only friend, an innocent puppy was beaten to death in front of her eyes by evil little boys. I sh*t you not, those evil little f*cking kids were probably the most evil thing I've ever seen. Just for sh*ts and gigs they beat a helpless puppy to death with a flower pot. what the F*CK is wrong with them. Not only that, but Lucy had to deal with the inner confliction and pain of her developing vector abilities. It was truly a sad childhood for her.
    I have to agree with ya there Lucy really had bad since she was born. Elfen Lied made me cry rivers of tears it was so sad ;-;

Kyoko from Skip Beat
    Maron from Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
    Tsukasa from .Dot Hack//Sign
    Zero from Vampire Knight
    Misa from Death Note

Forgot all about Lucy on Elfin Lied. I never cried to an anime like Elfin Lied when (as everyone else said) those sadistic kids maiming that cute puppy in front of Lucy. Man I was depressed. Only time I cried at an anime besides that was on DBZ when Vegeta died (the first time). And even though I never seen Grave of the Fireflies, I hear that is a VERY depressing anime.

Currently Listening To: "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction!
    Things get better things get worse, Life's a blessing life's a curse!
    Current Weight: 253 pounds! Nothing new!

Quote Originally Posted by S-389 View Post
    Grave of the fireflies
    *sniff*

Damn you T-T
    I was trying to forget........

ChatterboxZombie is like, Dokuro-chans biggest NZ fan or something
    Pipirupirupirupipirupi~
    Interested in Anime Reviews? CLICK HERE

I would say Haku from Naruto, that part made me want to cry. I know most people say that the show Naruto kinda sucks, but hey, I like some characters in the show.
     Spoiler

Lucy from Elfen Lied
    Takano Miyo from Higurashi
    Setsuko and Satako from Grave of the Fireflies
    and Revy from Black Lagoon.

Akito Sohma got really warped
    much the same with Kyo and Yuki

Joe and Turtle from the series Rainbow.

Ansan didn't have it easy, either.

**** pretty much all of them had horrible upbringings. The fact that it was based off a real life account makes it that much more personal, so to speak. When you watch anime you can associate with certain characters but at the end of the show you go... "man... what a great SHOW" and that is all it is, a show. This was different somehow, it was different, I feel, because of the fact that you know this actually took place during those times and probably on an even more grotesque scale.

Do yourself a favor and watch Rainbow. Be warned though, there is lots of graphic content more so than most can stand. Some of the scenes are rough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterboxZombie View Post
    This is the thing with anime, whenever theres a strange character or even a villain they always go back and give you all this back story about their childhood trauma and stuff.
    It's known for building character but yeah, like they over do it sometimes, and I've never felt more pity than I have with some of the horrible things that happened to anime characters as they were kids.

Only can think of one Character to rival that in terms of sh*tty childhoods and that's Miyo from Higurashi. Just a normal kid, loves everyday then boom, parents are dead, thrown into worlds worst orphanage and beaten like crap every day. Escapes, begging to contact someone and finally gets through to him. But the glimmer of hope doesn't last and after helping him accomplish his dream he is rejected by his supporters and shot down, before dieing and leaving her alone once more. They over did her back-story man, shes the villain, call me track minded but I don't want to be able to relate that much to the bad guy! that's conflicting, she seemed more human than the rest of the characters ffs and she was evil.

gawd damnit, anime man, this sh*t is messed up.
    You've got some great opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by KikiMonkeyLover View Post
    I would say Haku from Naruto, that part made me want to cry. I know most people say that the show Naruto kinda sucks, but hey, I like some characters in the show.
    Y'know, I hate Naruto too, but your post made me think, really, Haku did have a terrible childhood. So did Gaara, and Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by nicraM View Post
    Joe and Turtle from the series Rainbow.

Ansan didn't have it easy, either.

**** pretty much all of them had horrible upbringings. The fact that it was based off a real life account makes it that much more personal, so to speak. When you watch anime you can associate with certain characters but at the end of the show you go... "man... what a great SHOW" and that is all it is, a show. This was different somehow, it was different, I feel, because of the fact that you know this actually took place during those times and probably on an even more grotesque scale.

Do yourself a favor and watch Rainbow. Be warned though, there is lots of graphic content more so than most can stand. Some of the scenes are rough to watch.
    Man, I'm looking this show up, seems messed up.

alphonse elric!!!! T^T

signature&avi by me ✰ get one!

elfen lied : lucy ..
    also the first story from aoi bungaku.. that had a pretty sad life
    strawberries don't resemble fruits or flavours nemore

Chise from Saikano. Very short lived, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by PEET3R View Post
    What the hell are you guys talking about? First of all Sasuke's is sadder than Gaara's.

Lucy/Nyuu from Elfen Lied has the saddest, most cruel childhood imaginable.
    Even as an adult..
     Spoiler

---------
    Edit: Good job Chatter. ;P

Yeah true, but most people don't give a damn about Sasuke because of the way he turned out. =P
     Spoiler

I think every single child survivor in "Barefoot Gen" has every anime character ever beaten by a mile.

If that's to heavy for you since it's based on world history then I'll venture into territory that no one else here has and submit Guts as my second choice. He was born from the womb is a dead woman into a world of war, grew up as a soldier in training his entire life, and, well, I don't really like thinking about the rest. Suffice it to say that he had it incredibly hard.

<-------
    Birdy's childhood was all a lie to her, and then all the stuff that happens during her flashback is pretty shitty.

But, as people have said, I think Lucy had it the worst.

Yusuke Urameshii also had it pretty bad. He was a delinquent who beat up other delinquents and then gets hit by a car when he finally tries to do something good.

And pretty much every one of the Gunslinger Girls had it rough. And Pinocchio too.
    We are just 'one' within the 'all.' But only when those 'ones' gather together can 'all' exist. - Edward Elric.

Vegeta had a horrible childhood, he had to serve under Freeza knowing that he not only killed his father, but destroyed his home planet and just about every Saiyan with it, the hatred inside would be unbearable.

Why do I call the name of my move before I fire, because you should know what you're about to be destroyed by

Spoiler