Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Default Animes like Highschool of the dead ?

To those who watched "Highschool of the Dead" - do you know any animes with a similiar atmosphere / feeling ?
    I mean stuff like: reasonable / humane characters team up together to survive in some sort of an adventure.
    I checked out the thread "survival horror and saw something alike, but didn't really like it, so I'm looking for any suggestions you might have

P.S. yes, this is my 1st post-I figured I should join some Anime-forum to keep myself updated, so I picked this one.

Thank you for your time

I do not know, Zombie-horror and Post-Apocalyptic stuff are a dime a dozen. Should be able to find something GTSing said genres.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalValkyrie View Post
    I do not know, Zombie-horror and Post-Apocalyptic stuff are a dime a dozen. Should be able to find something GTSing said genres.
    I see, well, the reason I'm not browsing trough zombie-type Animes is because I expect them to be full of gore and have no regard for the characters... ergo: killing them off... which I'm not really fond of :P
    But I'll give it a go and look for it, hopefully i'll find something.

P.S. I'm not into the zombie-killing stuff as much of the characters survival struggle. I'm not a gore-fan, nor anything, it's the Adventure-aspect which make me fond of the HSoD.

If your looking for deep character development and survival against the odds then I would say Uninhabited Planet: SURVIVE, Planet of the Beast King, and Blue Gender may have something for you.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pokemon View Post
    I love My Balls
    Quote Originally Posted by ^_Elysium_^ View Post
    Just trying to be a proactive member and keep things PG

Quote Originally Posted by Shattergraves View Post
    If your looking for deep character development and survival against the odds then I would say Uninhabited Planet: SURVIVE, Planet of the Beast King, and Blue Gender may have something for you.
    Aye, thanks, will check those out right away ^_^

A slight murderous impulse
    • Jan 2009
    • (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • Male

I understand what you mean, but I can't really think of much that fits that description. Gurren Lagann comes to mind, though it's not exactly the same. Shattergraves might have the best recommendation with Uninhabited Planet: SURVIVE. Shiki is a really good anime where the inhabitants of a small town start dropping like flies, and some of the residents begin looking for answers, but it's also not quite the same.

I'll try to think of something else.
    "I teach Karate, Judo, and Sumo on the Internet. Come at me." -- Professor Ueda

So I checked them out...thanks everyone for your recommendations

Uninhabited Planet: SURVIVE - reminds me of Jura tripper...which I watched as a kid (bunch of kids get stuck on a prehistorical island where people live with Dinosaurs (using them as horses and such).
    Planet of the Beast King - the artstyle reminds me of Visions of Escaflowne, which I liked... I intend to watch that one, just dunno if I should watch it first or not...
    Blue Gender - mecha's look cool, but it kinda seems gloomy / depressing :| I assume it's something like that movie with Space Marines vs. the Insects.

Gurren Lagann - I actually watched AMVs of that without realizing it just recently...for some reason I thought thats Eureka 7...weird, anyway, might watch that right away... it seems unique, even tho the Mecha-Heads are kinda silly xD
    Shiki - seems creepy O_o but I still think I'll watch it, but the other 2 come first.

As for the topic-yeah, I find it hard to think of any animes like HSoD myself... in fact, I can't name one xD
    Gonna find myself either Gurren or Beast King now... Thanks again :3

EDIT: just watched all of "Planet of the Beast King"...kinda find it depressing, it also makes me somewhat annoyed, but I'm fond of it at the same time... anyway, I considered Gurren a better choice, but simply felt like watching their weird thing now. I'm also somewhat confused and dont know what to think xD
    Thanks for the tip, gonna watch Gurren now >.<
    Last edited by cattoc_c; 12-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.