Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Default Looking for anime similar to Lovely Complex

hey guys! this looks like the best place to ask, so, here I go!

I was just wondering if any of you know of any anime similar to Lovely Complex?

basically, it's about a guy and a girl and at first they are just friends (both of them are kind of silly) anyways the anime covers a few years (something like that) and basically eventually the girl starts liking him but he doesn't feel the same way at first.

so... basically I guess I'm looking for anime that have (most of) these qualities:

-romance
    -drama
    -emotional moments (that will make me mad/happy/sad)
    -comedy, lightheartedness

so, yeah.. thanks a lot! : ) hope for a reply soon~!

I love Ezreal!

Itazura na kiss - Exactly what your looking for. Goofy girl goes for "perfect guy" buts gets rejected the whole time
    Suzaku is similar just the opposite, the boy likes the girl and she acts as if she hates him.

Other good romance/drama/comedies I've watched and would recommend are:
    Clannad/Clannad Afterstory
    Kannon 2006
    (my favorite)
    ToraDora!
    School Rumble
    Special A
    Rumbling Hearts
    (very sad near the end but it ended the way I wanted it to)
    Air (Still don't understand that one lol, quite confusing how it ends)

Plenty more just I'm at work and don't have my list handy.

A slight murderous impulse
    • Jan 2009
    • (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • Male

Kimi ni Todoke, Nodame Cantabile, Glass Mask (2005), His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano), and Skip Beat are all among my favorite anime, and they all have those same elements.
    "I teach Karate, Judo, and Sumo on the Internet. Come at me." -- Professor Ueda

awesome! thank you very much guys :D i'll check all of these out

I love Ezreal!

You might find Shuffle interesting, and Wolf's Rain is too, but it has a rather strong drama.
    Currently watching: Shakugan no Shana Season 3

Philosophical quote of the week: " A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "-Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by jeffari View Post
    Itazura na kiss - Exactly what your looking for. Goofy girl goes for "perfect guy" buts gets rejected the whole time
    Suzaku is similar just the opposite, the boy likes the girl and she acts as if she hates him.

Other good romance/drama/comedies I've watched and would recommend are:
    Clannad/Clannad Afterstory
    Kannon 2006
    (my favorite)
    ToraDora!
    School Rumble
    Special A
    Rumbling Hearts
    (very sad near the end but it ended the way I wanted it to)
    Air (Still don't understand that one lol, quite confusing how it ends)

Plenty more just I'm at work and don't have my list handy.
    I agree with absolutely everything here except I like clannad a bit more than Kanon and I can back up every reccomendation except Itazura na kiss because I haven't seen that one yet. But all the other suggested ones are great. Also I suggest Shuffle as well.

Kimi ni Todoke
    Honey and Clover
    Suzuka

Everyone Wears A Mask!

A4's Resident Paranormal Investigator
    • Jun 2009
    • Beyond the thrice-nine lands, in the thrice-tenth kingdom.
    • Female

Skip Beat!
    Honey and Clover
    Vampire Knight
    Kimi Ni Todoke
    Happy Cafe
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Kitchen Princess
    Sand Chronicles
    Gentlemen's Alliance
    Fruits Basket

Sand Chronicles and Kitchen Princess also have some depressing parts, so you might not like that....

You should try:
    Kimi ni todoke
    kimi ni todoke 2nd season
    Fruits Baskets
    Ouran highschool host club
    School rumble
    School rumble 2nd semester

Try School Days , Clannad and ... don't quite remember the name but I think it was Da Capo

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews