Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Thread: Crunchyroll

Default Crunchyroll

What do you guys think of the anime site Crunchyroll.com? I've been subscribed for 3 months now, and my subscription just ended. I'm debating whether or not to go another round. I've found that they have a pretty large selection, and the video quality is HD, which is nice. Does anyone know of a better (maybe free) legal anime site which has simulcast?

I wish.....I been looking for a long time now. I use Crunchyroll to stream anime on my Android phone but other than that I havent been able to find another anime app......thats free.

Spoiler

I used Crunchyroll for all of about a month and stopped caring for it.

Hulu, Netflix, PSN and Zune all have caught up to the services being offered by Crunchyroll and better, by offering more content for the amount of money you pay. I can watch the latest episode of Gundam Unicorn on Zune within a couple of days of it going live. I can catch up on entire series on Hulu and Netflix.

In truth, I just find that for the value of my money, other services offer just so much more and at the end of the day, Crunchyroll is a complete rip off.

Also, I can use my PS3 or 360 to watch on a 50" Plasma HDTV
    zutto zutto... itsuka... itsumo... kitto...
    ずっと ずっと いつか いつも きっと
    forever... one day... always... surely...

"Love is life's most Beautiful mystery. It often comes as a surprise, filling the heart with sudden Joy. Selfless and giving, Love places the Happiness of another before one's own. It inspires with its Passion, nurtures with its Generosity, and enriches with its Spirit. There is no limit to its magic. Love is Eternal."

"Dedication takes a Lifetime, Dreams only last for a Night"

- 10000 Posts and 10000+ Achievement Points on June 27th, 2010

And on the drawing was the name I took...
    • Oct 2005
    • The Phantom Train
    • Female

Well that's good to know, Shian. I've also discovered that Crunchyroll doesn't have all the episodes of a completed series. A big shocker when you're elbow-deep in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and you can't finish it.

I suppose I'll just have to break down and get a Netflix account. I was trying to avoid it.

Sig by Shannon Apple

Go take this survey, help us make A4 better!

I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. -Matthew Quigley

As mentioned above, Hulu is a good free service. Not everything is in 720, but most is in atleast 480 (dvd quality). I don't think there are any anime series on there that you need the hulu plus membership for. Hulu also tends to post the more popular anime episodes in about 5 days after they air in Japan, which isn't too bad for free. Netflix has alot of the older series, and no commercials. So it all depends on what you want to spend each month. Either way though hulu and netflix are alot better than crunchyroll.

A4's No.1 Stalker Gorilla
    • Jul 2007
    • In the Underworld, dood.
    • Male

I stopped using it when I was getting 8 video ads per episode.

I used to visit this Crunchyroll often. But I stopped.

lol, using netflix now(:

Annyeongsayo~

I actually have Netflix, and while it's great for movies, it's anime selection isn't great because it only features stuff on DVD. I've browsed the Hulu selection, and while some of the stuff is good, they don't have that great of a selection. For example, I can't watch "The World God Only Knows" on there... I guess there are always other means of getting anime, but I would rather not resort to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mogar View Post
    I stopped using it when I was getting 8 video ads per episode.
    Paid subscribers don't get ads.

Coming from the UK free legal anime sites are very limited, along with Crunchyroll there's anime on demand which is only for the uk and it just started up, so it doesn't exactly have a vast selection, and some anime on funi's channel, not full seasons just 4 episodes from a handful of different anime. So crunchyroll is pretty much the best option for me, and I like it. But I do go to anime on demand so it can receive ad revenue and hopefully get off the ground (seriously they have like 5 titles)

Now that you mentioned Funimation. Funimation has an official Youtube page where they have most of their full series up, both dubbed and subbed. That's pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Palmtop Tiger View Post
    Now that you mentioned Funimation. Funimation has an official Youtube page where they have most of their full series up, both dubbed and subbed. That's pretty decent.
    Yeah That's what I was talking about lol, their site is off limits to anyone outside the US, but they do have some things available on their youtube channel. The only problem is you don't know which series are available outside the US untill you click on the anime then the first episode to which you normally find out that the content is blocked, and you have to do this for every anime there's no filter.

I've watched a couple of really good series on the site (Natsume Yuujinchou, Gankutsuou, Eureka Seven) but they're really limited compared to hulu and netflix.

I've been subscribed as well for a while. I think I'll drop if they don't get the 3rd Natsume Yuujinchou season, since I don't really care for the big two on the site (bleach and naruto).

"Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger."
    Common Errors in English Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Trib2Triv View Post
    Yeah That's what I was talking about lol, their site is off limits to anyone outside the US, but they do have some things available on their youtube channel. The only problem is you don't know which series are available outside the US untill you click on the anime then the first episode to which you normally find out that the content is blocked, and you have to do this for every anime there's no filter.
    Oh ok lol. I thought you were talking about the Funimation TV channel (I get that too, but it's not very good.) Lucky for me I'm in the US so I've yet to run in to a series that's restricted.