Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Default What happened to zoro's eye?

After the time skip Zoro appeared with one of his eyes missing. I don't know if he lost it in training or anything but the thing is that raleigh seems to have been missing on just like him and he has the scar. Do you guys think its some kind of secret weapon or just a scar loss from training.

My guess? I have no clue. He could have lost it in training, he could have replaced it with something else, or he could just purposely be keeping an eye closed.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Lol it would be hard to keep and eye closed for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by manish09 View Post
    Ichimaru Gin from Bleach?

As for Zoro, it's probably just a wound from training with the greatest swordsman in the world. Really, what could he hide behind it that would help him as a swordsman?
    You May Call Me...

Quote Originally Posted by Yajuu_Kikuishi View Post
    Ichimaru Gin from Bleach?

As for Zoro, it's probably just a wound from training with the greatest swordsman in the world. Really, what could he hide behind it that would help him as a swordsman?
    may be the eye helps him see attacks before they happen like a haki which was in the sky country or w.e

he probably got injured or it is just a part of his training to keep one eye closed while fighting. I thought he got sharigan implanted but then I realized that this was One Piece not Naruto...

anyways

he looks bad@ss with it.
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

Quote Originally Posted by manish09 View Post
    Do it for a long time, and you will eventually get used to it. It could be a training method or handicap since your area of view decreases with only one eye.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Quote Originally Posted by Flemmes Felares View Post
    Do it for a long time, and you will eventually get used to it. It could be a training method or handicap since your area of view decreases with only one eye.
    I say it's a training method, this is something Oda would do. Zoro's full ability is unleashed when both eyes become opened.

Aside from his field of vision being halved, he would also lose depth perception. Which is something that is probably fairly important to a swordsman. Probably just an injury to make him look more "bad a$$", ala Jubei Yagyu.

Zoro lost an eye, people. Accept it.

Maybe something was wrong with Zoro's right eye all along, and Mihawk probably cut it to improve his sense of direction/keep him from getting lost.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Zoro lost an eye, people. Accept it.

Maybe something was wrong with Zoro's right eye all along, and Mihawk probably cut it to improve his sense of direction/keep him from getting lost.
    You want us to accept something inconclusive? A scar around the eye does not mean someone lost his or her eye. I am leaning toward he lost it, of course, but that is not the only possible explanation.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

I say he just got really frikin hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingVoid View Post
    I say he just got really frikin hungry.
    o_o? i don't get it are you saying he ate his own eye LMAO?

OK PEOPLE! PREDICTION TIME!

Zoro had his eye replaced with one of Hawk Eye's Mihawks Eye's!

Which has super special powers and he is keeping it closed to keep it a super secret as well as because then he is too powerful with it open and Zoro is like kenpachi and wants to enjoy his fights etc.
    Signature Created by: Varjokettu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Which has super special powers and he is keeping it closed to keep it a super secret as well as because then he is too powerful with it open and Zoro is like kenpachi and wants to enjoy his fights etc.
    I doubt Oda would steal a idea from someone else. If One Piece does turn anything like Naruto or Bleach I'll be dropping it like a hammer in water, and reminisce on the good old times when One Piece was awesome.

This is not a prediction, its just bullsh1t....

Zoro lost his eyes but they are now a couple with sanji. They complete each other which is what we always watched from the start.
    myanimelist

Spoiler

I'd rather believe him having Geass hiding than that rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Zoro lost his eyes but they are now a couple with sanji. They complete each other which is what we always watched from the start.
    wat

"Create your dream, live your dream, be your dream"

Quote Originally Posted by Choccs View Post
    wat
    Sanji and Zoro very much alike when it comes to characteristic.They are the most awesome pair of one piece. Now they both don't/can't use one eye. Which make them much more better team-like.

myanimelist

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Sanji and Zoro very much alike when it comes to characteristic.They are the most awesome pair of one piece. Now they both don't/can't use one eye. Which make them much more better team-like.

I am pretty sure Sanji still has his eyes intact, its just his damn hair that is in front of it.
    You can't say Zoro lost his eye when nothing is confirmed by Oda himself, in my opinion he just got wounded by Mihawk and it happens to be near/around his eye. So maybe it will heal ? Not that i don't like his scar though.
    Props to the one that drew that.

"Create your dream, live your dream, be your dream"

but raleigh seems to have the same scar AND he also uses a sword ,i just think it is kind of weird :I

A4's Resident Paranormal Investigator
    • Jun 2009
    • Beyond the thrice-nine lands, in the thrice-tenth kingdom.
    • Female

He's either lost the eye, or, more likely, it's scratched beyond repair (if it was totally gone he probably would want a patch, or glass eye).

I'm not sure were I heard it (I think on One Piece Wikia) but supposedly the eye is still functioning he just keeps it close because fo the scar/wound?
    <3

He has only one eye, as the fisherman mentioned in chapter 599, and I quote:

Sanji: "Green hair, three swords and a haramaki?"
    Fisherman: "Oh! That's right! With one eye! You know him?"

I don't think Oda would do something so overly complicated as giving Zoro some kind of magic eye that could see into the future or some other BS....

He probably lost it while training with Mihawk, but he's good with or without it, so it doesn't matter........and he does look more badass with that scar! XD

I going with he let his guard down for a split-second while training with Hawk-eye and got his eye sliced, and like someone else said if one piece pulls the same magic eye bs I'll drop it like a bad habit, I mean to many shows have already done it (naruto, black cat, ect.)
    “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
    -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShanks View Post
    I going with he let his guard down for a split-second while training with Hawk-eye and got his eye sliced, and like someone else said if one piece pulls the same magic eye bs I'll drop it like a bad habit, I mean to many shows have already done it (naruto, black cat, ect.)
    you are right it would ruin it lmao just imagine if he opened his eye and we saw geass or sharingan LMAO