Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Thread: School days

Default School days

I've become obsessed with Yandere lately... Mirrai Nikki is awesome. I was sure there was other good ones to. So I tried out school days...

I read the manga first and I really enjoyed it, and read some about it on Wikipedia.. Found out crunchy roll had the anime..

Watched it in one sitting...
    I must say it was drastically different in all ways from the manga.. Less good than bad...

[/spoiler] I MEAN WTF... I couldn't stand watching the protagonist be such blatant jackass!
     Spoiler
    but in the anime having seen everything, I would have much preferred setsuna and the actual storyline never happening, she was the real loser here.. Sorta...
     Spoiler
    I need a less jackass protagonist [spoiler] Yandere anime next or I'll probably have to take a break from the genre...

Well first, it's based off a visual novel in which you have control over Makotos actions. I've never played it, but I'm sure it goes something like "be a cheating jackass, get a bad ending where someone dies" or "be normal, and get a good ending where he ends up with one or both of the girls"

Spoiler
    Last edited by Caliburxcm; 01-04-2012 at 05:28 AM.

^ your right, and I definitely did enjoy the ending, which was why I watched in the first place. I feel I wanted more of that and less of the [/spoiler] chauvinistic ******* [spoiler] approach..

I actually didn't end up hating EVERYBODY. And like you said at the end they even gave some humanity back to some of the characters.

[/spoilers] kotonoha I loved all throughout! And I really sympathized with setsuna once I found out about her, though I can't always agree with her... [spoiler]

Well I guess I got what I had coming, I just didn't expect what I got since I read the manga.. I think I want to try the game...

I watched this anime because my ex told me it had an ending that was the greatest thing and that i would like it...it was weird towards the middle of it...then omg...the ending...i did not see that coming..i was so in shock that it seemed to last for days. I actually watched an uncut ending on youtube...it made me kind of sick when i saw it...cant say im proud but since i love anime of all kinds...well yea^^

Yeah after looking into Yandere I've become extremely interested in it,
    And I would think its my favorite moč.
    School days manga may be something you'd like to check out because its very contrary to the anime and still has a great ending!

Manga you say? time is not much on my side but if you say that the manga is better..i should check it out^^

I loved it. And still a psychotic ending but very different!

Yeah it's really short you could prolly read it in about 1-2 hours

well sounds worth it to me...i dont like reading much but i will try it^^

Awesome come back later and let me know what you thought! Who was your favorite?

The first episode of School Days is the best ever, I was hooked after that, then it became so weird lol. I told my friend to watch the first episode, and nothing after that. He texted me about 4am in the morning, saying "wtf did I watch" lol. I told him not to go past the first episode.

^Lol yeah but the ending is so good!

But yeah I got so mad throughout watching it!

GooD Anime, nuff said
    You Know I'm Right.

One of my favorites;
    Any other ending would have ruined it for me pretty much
    Kotonoha all the way.

The only thing I like about this anime is the ending. It was epic!
    Agree with Lunarcry, any other ending just won't do! >

I think they should have made ep before the end just 12 ep isnt enuogh.
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Ain't we got fun?
    • Apr 2006
    • I have a reservation at Dorsia
    • Male

The visual novel is better than the anime or manga. It has over 20 endings depending on the player's actions and of course the bad ones are more interesting and memorable than the good ones. I hope the US can get a full English version soon without all the hentai that I haven't seen simply watching walkthroughs on youtube.

Spoiler

PM me to join the A-4 Dragonball Club

^ I think that all the endings have a nice spin, the visual novel does seem like it would be a nice treat to play through and get the endings for

I heard that school days HQ(HD) visual novel may be comming out in north america? But I think it is yet to be confermed.
    ---
    Team Kotonoha All the way!
    Down with team Sekai!
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Very good news to hear. That sounds awesome! Love the signature, team kotonoha all the way!