Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Anime OST is your Favorite?

There are Hundreds of anime that have great OST's and some are better than others. I just wanted to find out what everyone elses thoughts of the best (it may not have to be the best) anime OST there is out there. If you have any good anime ost that you can suggest, please do!
    ---

---
    Personally my fav. one has to the the 'School days OST', whats yours?
    "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST is my favorite. Yoko Kanno is greatness.
    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

"This drill will open a hole in the universe, and that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen, the hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weaved together into a double helix drilling a path towards tomorrow. And that's Tengen Toppa! That's Gurren Lagann! My drill is the drill, that creates the heavens!"~ Simon

Although the quality was all over the place with most components of Naruto, ranging from some of the worst to some of the best, the soundtrack by Toshio Masuda is amazing. I don't really have anything negative to say about it, which is more then I can say for the animation quality and writing. The sound overall blend great with the visual design and setting for one, with flutes, traditional Japanese string instruments and vocal chants being common components. There is also a great range of variation for different mood tracks, like sadness, excitement, fear and happiness. And I know what your thinking "but thats standard for all soundtracks, duh!" Well, not when most soundtracks have all the music recorded by the same orchestra that use the same instruments for each music track. Here you have upbeat and powerfully rock for the fighting, sad piano tunes and almost ambient or simple mystery tracks all on the same soundtrack. I really like how the composer tried something different, wanted the music to be traditional and modern when it needed to be, and just pulled of different genres and styles like this. Its a bit sad that Shippuden used a different composer that tried something similar and didn't do nearly as well.

I'm also fond of the Full Metal Panic soundtracks by Toshihiko Sahashi. Especially the action music that felt very in key with the action in the show, focusing more on tactics and a slower pace, which was greatly reflected in the music. The usage of trumpets was also a stroke of genius there. Just listen below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYyQ0J86p8
    Toshihiko Sahashi also made the soundtrack for Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny, which is the better part of those series that are mediocre and a train wreck respectively.

I could also mention Super Robot Wars: OG The Insector... but they lifted all the character themes straight from the game the anime is based on so thats not really fair. And the same could be said for Persona 4.

the OST from bakemonogatari is my favorite. have all of it on my ipod
    Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions

Quote Originally Posted by reXos View Post
    Shouldn't this be in here?
    ...guess I was wrong?

anyway, Fairy tail's ost and FMA:Brotherhood's ost are the best.
    Last edited by reXos; 02-20-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: ...

Guilty Crown's OST has amazed me, particularly the tracks with lyrics.
    But my favorite OST of all time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk

~eSo7eRiC~

STATS
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Agamus View Post
    There are Hundreds of anime that have great OST's and some are better than others. I just wanted to find out what everyone elses thoughts of the best (it may not have to be the best) anime OST there is out there. If you have any good anime ost that you can suggest, please do!
    ---
    Personally my fav. one has to the the 'School days OST', whats yours?
    huaa school days OST! I love the OST of the visual Novel tho, my #1 of all time is the soundtrack for -anataga inai- you are not here, not here with me. the melody of the opening when sekai was in tears on the train after congratulating makoto having his fist girlfriend, kotonoha. my number one song i sung in bathroom! WOOT

I checked the anime, it is in ep 09 ED huh, after bonfire. it was in the OP for the visual novel ><

-still i love you- also kinda click, paper heart~, plastic lies~. there was time when i was wondering whether they are proper English jargon, sort of stalker-ish lyrics LOL the song for depicting how sekai felt when she saw makoto and kotonoha get along

anime version it is in ep 12 ED. ha! i guess the soundtrack for anime and visual novel may be the same afterall.

but yeah, the lyrics for most has broken heart theme.
    Last edited by Almite; 02-21-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Hiruma Yoichi, Eyeshield21. Manga, Volume 37 (last).

I loved the Death Note OST
    My legend dates back to the 12th century- Excalibur

Needless has a wonderful of pumped up metal tracks so it definitely ranks among my favourites.
    Death Note has a diverse range of songs, all of which frankly rule.
    The Bleach OSTs are great. Well some are outstanding and some are bland kind of shitty.

Oh gosh, I have so many. Um, if I had to pick one as my favorite I guess it would be the entire Cowboy Bebop OST. The music is just so amazing in that Anime, I think that it's one of the main reasons that the Anime is so popular. The music tells the story in a sense, so when there's no vocal acting, the music takes over, and does an amazing job at it too!

Pretty much everything done by Taku Iwasaki. He did couple of my favorite OSTS like the Soul Eater OST, Yakitate Japan!! OST, Kuroshitsuji OST, Gurren Lagann OST and my most favorite one the Katanagatari OST. just love that guy. I cant simply choose one OST Track there are many awesome ones.

Credit to Token for the signature! poke him if you want one 8D

I used to be a nice guy until I took an arrow to the knee.

The .hack//Roots OST. It is beautiful.
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth," John F. Kennedy.

As far as an OST that really created the mood for the anime, and every song fit perfectly --> The Pillows music, created for the anime FLCL.

This is a toughie. I'm absolutely in love with Guilty Crown's OP My Dearest by Supercell, but before that, I liked Angel Beats!'s OP My Soul, Your Beats!. I always thought FMA had great OPs, too.

But I don't exactly have a favorite OP. I have favorite EDs. And those are Bakemonogatari's ED Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari also by Supercell, and Mahou Madoka's ED Magia by Kalafina.

Well I really enjoyed deadman wondelrand ost such as this! lol

Signature created by bloody.rose

Hmm this sooo tough.

I would say, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack
    then the Trigun Soundtrack,
    then the Baccano! Soundtrack and the list goes on.

The first time I heard the OP my dearest (guilty crown), the start sounded high pitched and I thought I couldn't possibly get into it. As expected, I was wrong, and i'm listening to it right now because I just finished the most recent ep (1 and feel sentimental.

Honestly anything scored by Susumu Hirasawa is absolute gold for me

Spoiler

I'd say the Berserk soundtrack is a particular standout

I'm gonna have to add the Shakugan no Shana and Gunslinger Girl soundtracks. Both are stunningly beautiful in their own ways.

There are a number of very good OST’s but for me the bleach – number one sound track stands firmly at the top.

Ruler of the Prinny Squad <3
    • Jan 2009
    • Down by the bay where the watermelons grow.
    • Male

I've had a few favorites and they come and go. Currently an OST as a whole I would have to say Ao No Exorcist for sure. There's so much diversity. It's great to do dishes, clean your room, or just lie around and relax to. There's so many different blends and influences to the music. My particular favorite being this,

Spoiler

I'm also in love with the quirky and sweet sounding Mawaru Penguindrum OST. I'm not sure what to say about it but, the OP's and ED's are so silky smooth and the music in the series range from goofy to serious and beautiful.
     Spoiler

Signature and avatar by Shikinami_ \^_^/

Most Original and beautiful OST i have ever herd:
    Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBODb6mL9kk&feature=related

a
    lso, this movie is just... awsome#!@ : )

United States Marine
    • Jan 2012
    • Leadership is serving others.
    • Male

Princess Mononke... seriously, Joe Hisaishi's work is just... wow.