Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you could meet anyone in history. Who and why?

I think this would be a lovely thread to start up.

If you had the chance in your life to meet someone in time, who would you meet and why? Try to be in depth with your answer, if you want to meet George Washington, why would you want to meet him instead of someone else.

Also respond as to why you would want to meet this person. Simply saying you want to meet Plato or Isaac Newton is not adequate. You must give a reason to why.
    Feel free to list multiple people, as long as you give reasons why.

Please be respectful of people and their beliefs in this thread.

Julius Caesar. Julius was in my mind arguably one of the greatest leaders, generals, and politicians of all time. I admire Julius Caesar as well the the great things he did for the Roman empire. If I met him, I would indeed like to know the man that changed Rome from a republic to an empire.

Besides good ole Jules I'd like to meet some religious figures as well. I'd start with Adam and Eve, and eventually work my way through David and Elijah, I'd also like to meet Christ and his mother. I believe that would answer quite a few unanswered questions I have regarding Western religion, and I believe that would satisfy my hunger for knowledge regarding the bible itself.

Fire away.

I would want to meet the Buddha. Then I could obtain advice to help me become enlightened. I would suggest Jesus or Moses, but they seem more keen on teaching virtues than giving advice to "god-hood." Or, perhaps I would just go straight to meeting the creator, be it God or by whatever other name he/she/it is called. There is really not much point in trying to meet anyone else. After all, why try to learn the teachings of one person when you can learn from people who knows everything?

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Seeker View Post
    Besides good ole Jules I'd like to meet some religious figures as well. I'd start with Adam and Eve, and eventually work my way through David and Elijah, I'd also like to meet Christ and his mother. I believe that would answer quite a few unanswered questions I have regarding Western religion, and I believe that would satisfy my hunger for knowledge regarding the bible itself.

Fire away.
    Historical figures you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmasta Zeph View Post
    When I started this thread. I didn't precisely know the best title to open it with. I figured historical might classify most of the choices that people would make. Adam and Eve aren't necessarily historical, but the bible has played an important part in history.

So I suppose that it would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmasta Zeph View Post
    Basic instructions before leaving earth.

I was gonna go with Nickola Tesla, but he doesn't come across as the chatty type, lol.

Man I could be so rich If I could just get him drunk.....
    Do You Even YOLO Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Snap. View Post
    Basic instructions before leaving earth.
    Adam and Eve are mythical pretty much no matter how you cut it. I figured most western christians these days took those parts to be metaphors and moral stories.

Gandhi is who i'd like to meet, and talk to.

I would have to say either Jesus or Mohammed, since they are the prophets of the two biggest religions in the world.

I would like to meet them because that would answer a lot of questions for me and a whole lot of other people. I am not completely sure as to what my questions would be but they would of course have to do with religion haha.
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

For me, I'd say Homer (not the simpsons character, I'm not retarded), Charlie chaplin or Stalin.

Homer: I would want to meet him because I think that he would be really interesting to talk to just in general. Also I could ask him if what he wrote in the Illiad and the Odyssey were fictional or not. I'd have a fair bit of things to ask him and talk to about those are the main things, oh and he would probably be an awesome and easy drunk, I mean c'mon. He was an author.

Chaplin: I'd like to know how he came to be an actor, his motivations/what inspired him, what his childhood was like, why he wanted to be a brilliant actor as he was. Plain and simple.

Stalin: I guess this is kind of deep... STAB, STAB, STAB.

I'd chill with the first president. Make up some funny amendments you'd have to do for kicks haha.

hmm, I think I would love to meet Shakespeare, Ghoete, and Robert Ludlum. I love their books, they must be interesting people too.
    Also, I would like to meet Dostoyevsky too. His biography is like soap opera too me, I'd love to witness it with my own eyes.

perhaps, I'd like to meet our prophet, just to make if the religion has any sense, though I still highly doubt it. xD

then...I'd love to meet Bruce Lee. Why? Because he is attractive and probably was really good back then.
    and Michelangelo ,I believe. He paintings are sooo gooood. I wonder what kind of person he is.

Let the sea fill your lungs
    • Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Well, no one that I would ever want to meet spoke English, so meeting anyone would be incredibly awkward and unrewarding.

I'd really be more interested in simply watching someone from history, like, just shadowing them for a while rather than having a conversation with them. I'd give anything to see Alexander the Great, Guan Yu, or Caligula in action (er, not so much Caligula "in action," if you follow me).

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^
    8/6/12 Never Forget | #atleastididntcyberadude | 8/21/13 also Never Forget

I'd probably meet Hitler, so I could kill him myself and seal myself in the history books

Fed to the Rancor.

• Apr 2003
    • Ask if you want
    • Male

I think Im mostly on the same page with Struggler special about Caligula I could hang with Caligula he knew how to enjoy himself. I would say there is one person who comes to mind I know I would be able to communicate with in that he did speak english and that would be Tesla.

Most of the stuff known about Caligula was myth and slander spread by his enemies.

You'll probably just end up playing scrabblus using ivory pieces. Unless the stories are true, in which case you'd be the entertainment together with a pack of very horny ebola infected baboons.
    Do You Even YOLO Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dragon View Post
    I'd probably meet Hitler, so I could kill him myself and seal myself in the history books
    You have any idea how much I cried when I saw this post? I actualy didn't, but almost, I had the same idea

"I'm wrestlin with words and ideas
    My ears is pricked, seekin what will transmit
    The scribes can apply to transcript, yo
    This ain't no time where the usual is suitable
    Tonight alive, let's describe the inscrutable"

• Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Most of the stuff known about Caligula was myth and slander spread by his enemies.

You'll probably just end up playing scrabblus using ivory pieces. Unless the stories are true, in which case you'd be the entertainment together with a pack of very horny ebola infected baboons.
    Oh I'm sure there are plenty of embellishments, but I'd still love to see for myself what's true and what's fiction. If even half the stuff is true, it'd be a great thing to see........I'd kind of want to be invisible or something, though, since cruelty and insanity probably aren't great qualities in someone that you'd want to follow around.

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^

If I could pick, I would like to have heard Mozart play piano or violin. Why Mozart? Seems like he'd be the better performer than Beethoven.

"Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger."
    Common Errors in English Usage

Nero seemed like an interesting person to talk to. I would also like to meet Aliester Crowley. Meet some of the kings like Henry the VIII, Charlemagne, Constantine, Julius Caesar, Haile Selassi I, as well as Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, and Saint Francis of Assisi. The two I would like to meet the most are Haile Selassi and Aliester Crowley though.

Currently Listening To: "Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction!
    Things get better things get worse, Life's a blessing life's a curse!
    Current Weight: 253 pounds! Nothing new!

• Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Nero seemed like an interesting person to talk to. I would also like to meet Aliester Crowley. Meet some of the kings like Henry the VIII, Charlemagne, Constantine, Julius Caesar, Haile Selassi I, as well as Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, and Saint Francis of Assisi. The two I would like to meet the most are Haile Selassi and Aliester Crowley though.
    Aw snap, put me down for meeting Charlemagne too. Probably the greatest leader seen in Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.

On the subject of the Roman Empire, Marcus Aurelius is another person I'd love to meet. I've read some snippets of his Meditations, and he is one of the more fascinating Emperors.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler View Post
    Aw snap, put me down for meeting Charlemagne too. Probably the greatest leader seen in Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Lol, the chorus.
    Do You Even YOLO Bro?

• Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Lol, the chorus.
    Hehe, yeah, I've heard of that. Did he do just the one? I think I read somewhere that he did a few of them.

If I HAD to choose one, then maybe bruce lee. (hes awesome)
    Honestly though, i seriously don't care about going back and meeting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler View Post

On the subject of the Roman Empire, Marcus Aurelius is another person I'd love to meet. I've read some snippets of his Meditations, and he is one of the more fascinating Emperors.
    Considering the Roman Empire died in the 1400's, I'm curious to when you think Charlemagne died?

I would want to meet Prince Albert Victor from the royal family in the UK, just to be able to confirm if he is jack the ripper or not.