Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Default Attack on Titan Theories

ANIME ONLY

Ok, so after watching up to episode 9 of the series Attack on Titan and learning of its perplexing and mysterious universe I wanted to theorize as to what is actually occurring behind the scenes. This is a fun experiment to find out whether or not by different members' logic and reasoning we can deduce whats taking place in the rest of the universe in the series that has yet to be revealed.

First and foremost, I have not read any of the manga, and here in this post I will be discussing material from the perspective of someone who has only seen the animated adaption. Also, if you haven’t seen the anime, there are going to be definite major spoilers in this post. I say again, if you haven’t seen the show, this post will give away some plot points, varying from minor to major in importance. I'll go ahead and outline some theories I've heard/read about and some I've come up with myself. Do please try to be civil when hearing other peoples ideas or discounting them. Try to give valid points as to why some are true or untrue, instead of just shouting your opinion. Having said that, lets get started.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Ian the Korean View Post
    Now I am become BlackTemplar, the destroyer of worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Snap. View Post
    I had a pizza slice yesterday that had so much oil on it, I was half expecting BT and Volk to kick in the door and try and invade it.
    I have seen things that even your darkest nightmares could never prepare you for. Not only that, I have killed them, and made horror itself stare into the eyes of death. -Warmaster Xander The Blood Born

Spoiler

Just came here to state that ^

OCE/NA: MsBloodyFallen

"The dawn will never rise again."

Quote Originally Posted by MsBloodyFallen View Post
     Spoiler

Just came here to state that ^
    He had that flashback in a dream or something about his father giving him that injection. The appearance of colossal titan also confused the characters in the anime which isn't very hard to deduce because he disappeared in quite a similar manner i.e. PooF! GoNe! Must be some sort of bad ass skill only that "intelligent" titan possesses!
    He possesses that skill because of his father giving him that injection.

Or So I ThInK x)

I'm liking your analysis templar.

Spoiler

This is an interesting way of looking at this. I'm not sure I would say a battle for supremacy because I don't see how the humans have been having a chance this entire time and have been basically backed into a corner for years. I think there is something more that has to do with Erens father that we don't know about. But even if they could communicate it wouldn't mean anything, and besides, Eren was eaten by the titans at some point when he roared.

Spoiler

Hmmm, this interesting and I would have to say there is a pretty high chance that this is likely. However, one thing I'd liek to point is that the injection that Eren received was a sceintific of experiment of some sort and taken sample of a previously existing titan. I think?? which makes it unlikely THAT ALL titans are engineered. Which brings me to think that only certain titans are engineered like Eren. Eren seemed to act like he was some sort of abnormal with intelligence. So we can conclude from that that any titan with human intelligence is engineered, because the professor stated that Titans don't have human intelligence so it's safe to assume that humans are meddling with titan powers.
     Spoiler

They would have to have solar panels on their heads or something xd. But I would hold this thought until further explanation though, but this is more likely true, they are pretty huge as well so they would be able to absorb more energy from the sun.

Spoiler

This is true for sure. Teleportation seems ridiculous. At first I was thinking of some higher form of power or god but I would never outright think it's teleportation unless you know magic.
    What do you mean by created? Could it actually be some experimental thing like Eren? My previous theory was that anyone with human like intelligence would be a human possesing that power.

This is a bold statement but it seems likely that any super deviant like Eren would be a human with that power. And we know from any other anime show no power stays unique with one person.

However, if that is true why would they be attacking humans themselves?

SO WHERE THE HELL DOES IT GO?
    More to come later as things come to mind and as information becomes available.
    Yeah the more information we get the more confusing it gets and the more information we need. It is really tempting to just read the manga.

Let the sea fill your lungs
    • Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Anime only? Boring. One of these has been definitively answered in the manga, although the anime's depiction is very misleading. Some of the others have been explored further (one very much so, despite having questionable contradictions), but nothing conclusive yet. There, adequately teased, which is so fitting considering the series in question.

y u no read wat I tell u to, Templar? I can help you sound out some of the words if you're still having trouble. I know you've only recently begun learning to read. :3

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^
    8/6/12 Never Forget | #atleastididntcyberadude | 8/21/13 also Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by Struggler View Post
    y u no read wat I tell u to, Templar?
    Because i like to do anything that makes you unhappy.

I had a pizza slice yesterday that had so much oil on it, I was half expecting BT and Volk to kick in the door and try and invade it.
    I have seen things that even your darkest nightmares could never prepare you for. Not only that, I have killed them, and made horror itself stare into the eyes of death. -Warmaster Xander The Blood Born

• Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTemplar View Post
    Because i like to do anything that makes you unhappy.
    You've learned much, apprentice.

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^

Wow,this place is going to become a pointless discussion.When templar said Anime Only :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tsun-Tsun-dere-dere View Post
    Wow,this place is going to become a pointless discussion.When templar said Anime Only :/
    Then go make your own thread for the manga idiot. Or is trying to formulate a reply that contributes to the topic far beyond your capability? Seriously, some people dont have time to read the manga, some people even choose not to engage in it at all and prefer the anime. So why not step off your retarded pedestal you've set up for yourself and try to perhaps construct a thought for once on this forum? If you aren't, then just don't reply. Seriously, stop wasting everyones time and making yourself look like a stupid weeb.

It's so tempting to just read the manga because so much stuff is so unclear. Irritatingly so. It kind of bothers me a lot that nothing is really fully clear and always teased.

Anyways, i think there is quite clearly a link between humans and titans that is much more deeper then it seems. Simply the fact that Eren can turn into a titan means that this power is not unique (no power is ever unique in any anime) so most likely there are people who posses this kind of power besides him. For what reason or why I have no clue but I guess it's a good biological weapon. I almost feel as if there is some sort of alchemist who has created these titans for a reason because they are definitely engineered.

Another interesting thing is how the titans consume people. They don't seem to eat them they just seem to swallow them but why do they even resemble humans or even have stomachs.

probably more compelling is the engineering feat it must have taken to build the walls. Werent they driven to extinction how did they manage to build such gigantic walls? I mean these things are immense and they always talk about how many limited resources they have.

Not trying to introduce "aliens build the pyramids" type of logic.

Er, I think the only thing we can be sure of is that they need sunlight as a source of power, because it fits and makes sense assuming you want to follow logic in some way.

• Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    It's so tempting to just read the manga because so much stuff is so unclear. Irritatingly so. It kind of bothers me a lot that nothing is really fully clear and always teased.
    Then do it? I don't know why people are so opposed to reading manga. You and Templar both.

I haven't read the manga, but one of my theories is that the titans were originally created as weapons of war, ordinary humans with the ability to transform into colossal beings. These titan warriors were just like Eren in that they can transform to and from titan form at will. Warring nations used the titans to fight each other, but the serum they used to create titans was imperfect and the humans who were titans eventually became titans indefinitely and mindlessly destroyed the nations they were supposed to fight for.
    All credit to Nanami-chan for creating the sig