Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Default Sword Art Online sucks

now I predict people immediately raging after seeing this but there are some legitimate reasons to this claim. I thought that the guy reviewing in this video had good points and like to share it.
    *removed*
    Last edited by Ian the Korean; 07-27-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Seriously? What is the point of this thread? To rile up SAO fans? If so, it's a lost cause already. I get it, okay, you hate Sword Art Online, but don't you think it's up to the individual to decide whether they enjoy the show or not? I have never watched SAO, but for a couple of eps, but I think this is on part with Twilight and Justin Beiber haters. Bunch of crazies!

I am definitely NOT going to watch 4 videos on something I don't really care about lol. Taste is subjective and I am going to leave it at that. XD.

Do you RP, or are you interested in learning? Join our Role Player's Society here on A4.

Would you like a baseball bat to shove up your ass along with that stick? You're a mod, please act like one

A4 is on FACEBOOK

lol this isn't about hate. its about a show that is getting massive positive feedbacks while the story itself is very flawed. Due to people mindlessly liking crappy storyline and poor character development, we get less anime that actually has solid plot and character development. Seriously how many anime have you seen where main character overcomes nearly hopeless situation by just some random emotion outrage and defeats nearly every enemy the same way?? 90 percent of all anime use same pathetic excuse for a character development.

Problems with this post( In sequential order)
    1. the title- If you're going to post on a forum( what's more, a forum that you Haven't posted on) it's never wise to post something that would start arguments. Honestly i couldn't tell if you were trying to troll the forum or just trying to get attention.
    2. The lack of actual opinion- You posted 1 sentence and four links. That isn't a topic sentence, it's just lazy and disrespectful. Honestly even though i disagree with the opinion provided in the videos, the guy speaking goes to great lengths to explain why he feels the way he does. you just ripped of his work and expect others to watch four videos( long videos at that) and then make a response. you didn't tell anyone why YOU hate the series.
    3. Your choice of posting this here_ there is already a thread dedicated to S.A.O. this thread is therefore completely unnecessary.

so.... yeah,...... stop it.
    Do you like great and introspective writing?
    then stay the hell away from here http://jamesboley15.wordpress.com/
    If you want to lose faith in humanity, go right on ahead. the blog is awful

um... was there actual rules against posting it such a way? what if I wanted to give the guy attention? wouldn't that be good for him? I did forget to give him credit but anyways what makes you think this is trolling? What if I thought that the points he made were sharp and just wanted to share?

1. Yes there are. before posting a thread about something you should always check to see if there is another thread about it. i always thought that was just a general rule for forums.
    2. If your only reason for posting this was to advertise this guy then you're advertising which is wrong. On the other hand if you posted this to help your argument on why the show is terrible... well you didn't actually make an argument at all.
    3. Your behavior is consistent with trolling.

I vote for this thread to be closed.

Spoiler

8/21/13 Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post

I second that Arch

"Some things are hard to understand - like jellyfish. Do you understand jellyfish? People are like jellyfish to me. I don't understand."
    Rin Tezuka- Katawa Shoujo

again where did you get the idea of advertising? So apparently wanting to share someone else's sharp criticisms equals trolling and advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post

i completely agree

And again I saw the Sword Art Online Season 3 thread below. So why isn't that posted in SAO dedicated section and no one says anything against it?

Oh yeah! Hate threads <3

I hate bees and wasp. Why won't they just leave me alone?! I'll post 4 videos on why bees and wasp are stupid shortly.

I just don't understand. You didn't even say why you don't like SAO

(Signature by Nuttsnbolts)
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
    -Elbert Hubbard

I pretty much skimmed this whole thread and I watched about 20 seconds of the review part 1, which with any anime, besides really good animes can a review only take up maybe 10 minutes of your time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, SAO is an above average anime for me. I have a very simple ranking system. Crap; such as C3, Below Average; such as...well I've never watched a below average on in a while...maybe Attack of Titan; Average; like Working!! and such, Above Average; Something such as SAO, and then Godly; like One Piece or Steins; Gate.

Anyway my point to bring this up is unless your reference someone else work as well as including your own reason to why something is bad, you have no valid point and in this case, just advertizing for someone who is sure to get more spite out of your actions. The only point you do bring up is good but people like that for that value, rather than a good story. It has an impact factor to it.

Anyway I vote this thread close, unless you can come up with a couple of good paragraphs to explain why, and in your own words why SAO sucks, then this is a completely useless thread.

lol why are people trying to hard to prove that I am advertising? If anyone else shared a video about how good SAO is most of you probably would have passed on like nothing happened. Why not just say that you people hate me?

ᴇɴɪɢᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ
    • Mar 2013
    • Avidya Zone

What advertising?

SAO, is fine....not the best but yeah. I have no hate over it nor love. It's a mediocre anime. Let's keep it that way.

Let the sea fill your lungs
    • Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

"I think so and so sucks, and here is a video of someone else's opinions explaining why I think these things because I'm not smart enough to put my thoughts into words."

At least give your own reasons rather than piggybacking off of what I assume is some random Youtuber. If you can't be bothered to put any effort into explaining your opinion, how could you possibly expect any of us to give two shits about some videos you post?

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^
    8/6/12 Never Forget | #atleastididntcyberadude | 8/21/13 also Never Forget

lol you just had to straight up offend me. looks like someone's mad ahahahahahaha

Let the sea fill your lungs
    • Jun 2010
    • From the North Country
    • Male

What could anyone here possibly be mad at you for? Short of cluttering the forum with links advertising some Youtube reviewer, you've done nothing here. You can't even share your own opinions. In real life I'm sure you're afraid of being shamed for sharing your opinions, but you don't need to be afraid of us. Put more effort into personally explaining why you believe SAO sucks, or put more effort into your trolling. Choose one please.

Go now. Our journey is done. And may we meet again, in the clearing, at the end of the path. ^____^
    8/6/12 Never Forget | #atleastididntcyberadude | 8/21/13 also Never Forget

lol again you are accusing me of trolling for sharing the video. you're just mad some actually had something negative to say about the crap you love. so apparently sharing videos equals advertising and that i can't formulate any logical argument? looks like i hurt someone's feeling rweally badwy~ sword art online sucks~~ sword art online sucks~~~

Hey OP, this is a bad thread. Not because I disagree with your opinion, but because you've utterly failed to present your opinion in an appropriate manner for a forum. This site is not youtube. While I can certainly appreciate additional sources and information used to back up claims or further explain a position, simply posting "x thing is bad, here's a video instead of a well thought out post explaining why I feel this way" is unacceptable. Obviously you're capable of expressing your opinions through words, given your responses in this thread, so I'm really confused as to why you didn't do so in the first place. Then including some video reviews at the end of an actual post that you feel further elaborate on the points you made would be perfectly reasonable.

The other possibility, seeing as you just joined and have made few posts outside of this thread, is that you're simply here to advertise your youtube channel or that video reviewers channel, assuming you aren't one and the same. That you have replied back repeatedly suggests that isn't the case.

So. If you'd like this thread reopened, please write up and PM me a decent opening post explaining your position that people can respond to without expecting them to watch multiple videos from an unknown youtube reviewer who's opinion is pretty far from an authority. Give us something to actually discuss, because I certainly agree that SAO suffered from a number of problems and would be interested in talking about it, but this was not a thread that was going to succeed at that. I'd also recommend avoiding terms like "haters" "you mad" "ragers" etc. in your opening post, as they aren't conducive to a discussion. The same applies to your latest post where you're simply strawmanning anyone who disagrees with you as someone who is unable to cope with SAO being criticized. That's obviously not the case, as you've simply done an incredibly poor job of presenting said criticism.

Yeah, dude, I didn't lock it immediately because I was giving it a chance to see if you'd come back with a solid post, or if you were just advertising. "Haters gonna hate" is definitely not a good way to go about replying.

If you do send Ian an updated post, please rename it "Why Sword Art Online is over-hyped", or something of that nature. That will give you a better direction to present your argument. See, I do agree with your second post in this thread, not directing it toward SAO in particular, but that's a valid point. I didn't get back in time to reply to get the thread going in a better direction. It had gone to crap by the time Ian saw it. You are capable of presenting a good argument if you take the time to write it. :P

Do you RP, or are you interested in learning? Join our Role Player's Society here on A4.

Would you like a baseball bat to shove up your ass along with that stick? You're a mod, please act like one

A4 is on FACEBOOK