Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart
    Well,whatever the reason,I think it looks cute,but my attempts to reanact it,have failed miserably.
    How do you fail closing your eyes and smiling :P

Step 1: Close those eyes
    Step 2: Smile

Warning doing this while walking may result in harm to you or other people. Please take precautions like wearin fluffy hats.
    - Favourite Anime: 3x3 eyes - Favourite Hentai: Momiji
    - Favourite Manga: 3x3 eyes - Favourite H-Game: X change
    - Current anime: Devil lady - Current Hentai: Immoral Sisters
    - Current Manga: Battle angel Alita Last Order - Current H-game: Artificial Girl 2
    - No.1 Shoujo-Ai Fan ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissrok
    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke ka ne
    well, they're all posers and try to act cool...that's my theory...
    posers?...umm.....your from canada arnt you? I hope im right...oh please tell me im right.....IM RIGHT ARNT I? anyway whats a poser? I dont hear that word very often
    how did you come to that? ive only heard americans say that. anyway, i think they just do it cause it looks cooler

americans? well if so it must have been along time ago cuz iv heard of a hoser but not a poser......umm but than again that was like when i was a little kid last time i heard that too....wow english language sure does change fast in american doesnt it?
    You mean you don't know what a poser is? Weird, people use it all the time over here. A poser is basically a person who tries to act all punk when theyre really a prep. Avril Lavigne has often been called a poser. Therefore, anyone who likes her is also called a poser by the punk population. (I don't have anything agaisnt her, but just don't listen to her music much).

Anyway... on subject... Its just because that's what your eyes do when you smile, but not to such an extreme. Try it. Squint, and then smile, it looks just like anime!

Quote Originally Posted by bulgemonkey
    Well,whatever the reason,I think it looks cute,but my attempts to reanact it,have failed miserably.

Warning doing this while walking may result in harm to you or other people. Please take precautions like wearin fluffy hats.
    Trust me,I can never make anything that simple Ive always managed to hurt somebody in some way ^^;

.+Ninja Vamp+.
    Im a member of-DAMATPM: Defense against moth aliens that probe men...and women.
    Stalker? Bulgemonkey...By coincidense of course....perhaps im stalking him.
    Mobo-Tactics A4s unoffical comic http://www.mobo-tactics.tk/
    TEAM AMBROSIA RULE...

Quote Originally Posted by mimei
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissrok
    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke ka ne
    well, they're all posers and try to act cool...that's my theory...
    posers?...umm.....your from canada arnt you? I hope im right...oh please tell me im right.....IM RIGHT ARNT I? anyway whats a poser? I dont hear that word very often
    how did you come to that? ive only heard americans say that. anyway, i think they just do it cause it looks cooler

americans? well if so it must have been along time ago cuz iv heard of a hoser but not a poser......umm but than again that was like when i was a little kid last time i heard that too....wow english language sure does change fast in american doesnt it?
    You mean you don't know what a poser is? Weird, people use it all the time over here. A poser is basically a person who tries to act all punk when theyre really a prep. Avril Lavigne has often been called a poser. Therefore, anyone who likes her is also called a poser by the punk population. (I don't have anything agaisnt her, but just don't listen to her music much).

Anyway... on subject... Its just because that's what your eyes do when you smile, but not to such an extreme. Try it. Squint, and then smile, it looks just like anime!
    oooohh ok.....so thats what a poser is....I guess we dont use that word very often here in oregon. umm.....I think we call those kinda people wannabe badass's ....they wanna be a bad ass but they just cant... they too much..as you so call it a poser to be one.
    Signature Created by: Varjokettu

Quote Originally Posted by LeOnHeArT
    Quote Originally Posted by bulgemonkey

Trust me,I can never make anything that simple Ive always managed to hurt somebody in some way ^^;
    Ah so you did not wear the fluffy hat that is stated in the warning *tut* because of your blind smiling some poor fool now has a broken nose XD
    - Favourite Anime: 3x3 eyes - Favourite Hentai: Momiji
    - Favourite Manga: 3x3 eyes - Favourite H-Game: X change
    - Current anime: Devil lady - Current Hentai: Immoral Sisters
    - Current Manga: Battle angel Alita Last Order - Current H-game: Artificial Girl 2
    - No.1 Shoujo-Ai Fan ^_^

when people smile, your cheek muscles are lifted up which results to your eyes do some sort of moon shape. it happens to me anyway, but they're not completely closed, you really don't know it unless you see photos of yourself doing it.

and posers over here means acting something / someone that your not.

ya Fuji Syuusuke and Banji from Prince of Tennis are some of the characters that does it all the time.

because most Japanese people close their eyes when they smile
    I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser. Don''t hesitate to call.

::A4 Vashist::YuYuHakusho Fan Club Member::HipHop Clan Member::A4 Saiyuki Club Member::
    ::Cult of the Romance Junkies::Gravitation Club::Ashiya''s A4 sister::

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Katie_sama<----learn about me!

Its really more of an exagerated emotion anyways. Such as some anime characters have rivers going down their faces when they cry. Real people don't do that, its just a more obvious way of expressing that emotion.
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.

maybe... bec. the animators want them to smile that way...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Are u kidding me?!? LOOL

thats the lamest question Ive heard today ^_^ lol

maybe its simply bcz...the animaters wantstheyre eyes to be like that !

I agree with Bass in all the eaggerating. It's just to make them appear more obvious in their overt happiness you know? Same deal with the crying river and the number sign thingies on their heads when they get mad. ^^;

But sometimes they close their eyes when they talk casually which is weird. What's up with that? oO

Haven't you noticed that REAL people squint when the smile or laugh?

I have no idea why they do but it's cute. I tried doing it, I just ended up looking retarded... o.O Lol!
    A4's #1 Takuto fan! ^_~
    A4's Sasa lover! ^^= *happy sigh* Ryouji Sasa! Ahh! *swoon/drool*

A4 family: yuna_lyke_a_husky_77 (kawaii oneechan)
    Proud member of Official A4 Asuka Langley Soryu Fan Club

Also, visit my thread:"A4's Hopeless Romantics!"

Like manga?! Then pm me to join "A4's Manga Lovers Society!" ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Saber100
    Haven't you noticed that REAL people squint when the smile or laugh?
    Yeah, I think if someone had their eyes completely open and was smiling really wide, It'd look F***** up.
    Formerly known as: Renegade.
    Xbox Live: Kikyuusonbou.

Quote Originally Posted by Chib-Chib
    and posers over here means acting something / someone that your not.
    That's what I thought it meant around here too. For example, people who drive 4x4 SUVs and trucks but only drive them on paved city roads are posers because they want the image of an adventurious outdoors off-roader but they really are city dwellers. The word poser is similar to a wannabe if you are familiar with that word. Basically someone who wants to be someone/something but they are not.

Poser is actually a title here on the forums. I believe it's something like 0-50 posts is a Newbie, and then 50-100 posts is a Poser, and 100-200 is Veteran, etc. I'm sure one of the moderators can give us a more accurate number. I guess I have to post more to get out of my status. :wink: I watch a lot of anime but I just don't post here enough.

Quote Originally Posted by (yber
    )ragon10]{]I agree with Bass in all the eaggerating.
    I agree also. Most of anime has exaggerated features and expressions such as large eyes, the big tear drop, super running water from their eyes when they are crying, ect. I also agree with others in that most people's eyes naturally get smaller when they smile(some more than others) so I believe they are definitely just exaggerating what is already there.