Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Your Friendly, Crazy Neighborhood Vampire
    • Sep 2002
    • The 'burbs north of Chicago, Il, USA
    • Male

Default Guide to Anime for Beginners and even Experts!

A compilation of information for those who are just beginning to enter the world of Anime/Manga/Japanese or even those who have been in the world for awhile now.

"100 most essential words in Anime and Pronouns" - Thread OP: Vampire Lowell. Source (WAS): http://www.yale.edu/anime/glossary.html , however, it's now a dead link. Not sure what happened to that website. *shrug*

"Japanese Honorifics - A very basic lesson - Suffixes" - Thread OP: KT Samurai. Source: Various A4 users: KT Samurai, BuddyLee, and symph lizard.

If there are any threads that would be beneficial to put here, please shoot me a pm with a link to the thread.

Thanks!

Thanks i really enjoyed that guide it helped me to start learing japanese so i can watch anime RAW!
    Kakashi is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubi View Post
    Thanks i really enjoyed that guide it helped me to start learing japanese so i can watch anime RAW!
    I'm with you bro. Helped understand some of them Japanese words. Two thumbs up b(^_^)b

The power is mine

dude!!! 0_o

i just watch it for teh lulz! i don't need to japanize myself.
    last thing i need is more msn buddies with "like ZoMfg lol!!! Kyu is 5o kawaII Bishiz!!! lulz!!! yaba daba doo"

thanks for this....i've been using rosetta stone to try and learn japanese because personally i don't like subs and dubs are WAY out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by Stanigami View Post
    thanks for this....i've been using rosetta stone to try and learn japanese because personally i don't like subs and dubs are WAY out of the question
    Post back here in 5-7 years when that works out.
    The royal bloodline, prince of all Saiyajins...

Arigato! At least it doesn't feel weird to speak Jap, I'm asian!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

Here's the Wiki article. Yes, I have my hand in it, while making clean ups here and there.

Also a bit of advice for any new comers to anime, STAY AWAY FROM 4CHAN AT ALL COSTS!!! THE DAY YOU VISIT 4CHAN IS THE DAY YOUR CHILDHOOD ENDS!!!!

(dude, this image is way too big. resize it)
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9907/124980887837.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_miko View Post
    I'm glad I don't have your brain kidanarchy, my head can only hold so much odd in it

kinda stuck cant exactly get a picture on.... it keeps saying unable to save chaneds

Quote Originally Posted by kidanarchy View Post
    Also a bit of advice for any new comers to anime, STAY AWAY FROM 4CHAN AT ALL COSTS!!! THE DAY YOU VISIT 4CHAN IS THE DAY YOUR CHILDHOOD ENDS!!!!
    One of the best pieces of advice in this thread xD

4chan destroyed my childhood. :(
    / A4 Gundam Corps /

if my velocity starts to make u sweat
    / then just don't let go
    8/6/12 - Never forget T.o.B

Haha I recognised about 1/4 of them. Thanks for the guide! ^_^

Wow how generous of you and hw long it took u to make this guide must take minutes or maybe hours0_o it would take me 20 years lolXD

Heres a little tip about posting\/
     Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, there are a lot of my friends who say they won't watch anime because they can't understand it. They haven't discovered subtitles yet, I guess... lol

Now how can you resist a face like that?

Someone alyways needs help with words!!

Heres a little tip about posting\/
     Spoiler

Spoiler

This is an excellent guide for my personal Japanese learning, Arigato Gozaimasu to whoever wrote it and Vampire_Lowell ^^

by the way i could really use some help to learn japanese...is there anyone that can help me?that ws useful but i want moreXD

loved the guide, thanks for posting

the opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation

I've just removed some of the worst cases of spam in this thread, please could people not post "thx" and single word posts and simple agreement posts.

The Rules Are Here

Anyway, interesting guides. I've learnt about suffixes while studying Japanese, this guide will help those watching fansubs who don't translate them.
    Thanks for the avatar Amoo :3

Here is another helpful link I came across a while ago:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sToKnowInAnime

Sadly, most younger anime fans don't seem to pay much attention to the people behind the anime. Some know who Miyazaki is, but thats often it. Most of the names on that list is people you should know who they are, as they all helped define, create and shape the industry, from animation and storytelling techniques, to defining and creating genres.

The wiki is also really useful for people that are interested in fiction and storytelling, and might even write their own. So any writer of fanfiction or original works inspired by manga an anime should find a lot of interesting material to read, and it even has a nifty anime section:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

Awesome!Now i'm going to try to confuse my friends!Hee hee!

Default Name of Animated series

I am un-aware if im posting on the wrong thread and im not a huge fan of anime, i do enjoy it though. Question im sure someone knows the answer. From what i remember when i first saw the show it took place maybe 10 years ago...anyway There were 5 brothers? One was red (main character) orange, green, black, and blue, not power rangers if thats what ur thinking, animated series im sure of that the red one had a white tiger, i remember also during one of the seasons if only there was one, the red one had to free his other brothers from different areas. They each had different weapons, they looked samarui. Thats basically all the info i know, so please someone help! lol need 2 know what the name of this series is called, thank you in advance =P

Whoa! What the--?

I didn't know that my little thread gained this much attention from the staff. Thanks for the link, Lowell, and thanks for mentioning the contributing posters. BuddyLee in particular was a big help in keeping the whole thing accurate and understandable.

yay thanx sooo much! i am really very interested in japanese words on anime & i was searching 4 that a while ago
    thanx again alot!