Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

It would be cool to have another fist-fighter and preferably a non-devil fruit user. Another swords man is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAafg View Post
    It would be cool to have another fist-fighter and preferably a non-devil fruit user. Another swords man is boring.
    Jimbei fits your bill. Pray that he joins.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

ya i would like jimbei to join or at least some merman that knows merman karate. didnt franky go to talk to the merman karate dojo master so maybe he will meet someone that helps out then joins the crew

I would love for jimbei to join, he is strong, he is fisherman, he can swim (fast) . It's unlikely but if he does I would be extremely happy *dreams of jimbei joining*

I would love for jimbei to join, he is strong, he is fisherman, he can swim (fast) . It's unlikely but if he does I would be extremely happy *dreams of jimbei joining*
    i dont know he was just by himself in the forest thing and i dont think he really has a crew or anything so hopefully he will join i mean he did promise ace he would protect luffy and luffy did also give him a reason to live

It was said back in 609 I think, that he rejoined his crew, the Sunny Pirates. He has a crew. He is a captain.

yeah he really gives off that feeling like hes going to join he will along with nami and zoro really good money and beer

I am personally getting the feeling that a fishermen will not join the crew. I don't I just feel this way, because it will become too obvious to just go to a new island and get a new crew-member and Luffy hasn't showed any interested to a new crew member. Straw hats haven't been looking for a new crew member.
    -Also mihawk has no crew, he just sails on a small boat. Its highly unlikely but I would absolutely LOVE for him to join the straw hats.

Can't possibly see Mihawk joining since he's pretty much Zoro's final opponent.

I am personally getting the feeling that a fishermen will not join the crew. I don't I just feel this way, because it will become too obvious to just go to a new island and get a new crew-member and Luffy hasn't showed any interested to a new crew member. Straw hats haven't been looking for a new crew member.
    -Also mihawk has no crew, he just sails on a small boat. Its highly unlikely but I would absolutely LOVE for him to join the straw hats.
    What are you talking about? How do you know Luffy has not been looking for a new crew member?

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Quote Originally Posted by Flemmes Felares View Post
    What are you talking about? How do you know Luffy has not been looking for a new crew member?
    If I remember before he made it pretty obvious that he wants a new crew member, he said that he need a ship-wright (franky) he said he need a navigator (nami), he said he needed a cook (sanji) the only ones he didn't say he didn't need were usopp, zoro, brook, and robin (forcefully joined)
    Luffy invites a person to join his crew if he is a friend of theirs, or he is impressed by them (brook) He hasn't seemed really impressed by seeing a fishermen and everyone on the crew is useful to the crew except brook.

If I remember before he made it pretty obvious that he wants a new crew member, he said that he need a ship-wright (franky) he said he need a navigator (nami), he said he needed a cook (sanji) the only ones he didn't say he didn't need were usopp, zoro, brook, and robin (forcefully joined)
    Luffy invites a person to join his crew if he is a friend of theirs, or he is impressed by them (brook) He hasn't seemed really impressed by seeing a fishermen and everyone on the crew is useful to the crew except brook.
    What relevance does that have to do with Luffy not looking for a new member? That just means he has not found one yet.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

It has no relevance, theaafg is just reaching for straws. :3

What relevance does that have to do with Luffy not looking for a new member? That just means he has not found one yet.
    that means that there is nothing that a new crew member will do to help the straw hats. Every straw has a role, what role is there that a new crew member will fulfill?

he did say hyouzou was strong and he's not apart of the fishmen pirates and that mihawk just will not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ian the Korean View Post
    It has no relevance, theaafg is just reaching for straws. :3
    Like you are with this post? XD

To be on topic, if no one joins this arc, then I am sure Oda is going to introduce someone new when we least expect it. He is pretty creative. We all knew Luffy wanted a musician, but who could have imagined it would be Brook before Oda actually wrote him in?

that means that there is nothing that a new crew member will do to help the straw hats. Every straw has a role, what role is there that a new crew member will fulfill?
    People bring their own roles. You think Luffy thought he should have a historian/archaeologist when he set out?

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Quote Originally Posted by cloud28 View Post
    he did say hyouzou was strong and he's not apart of the fishmen pirates and that mihawk just will not happen
    well considering the fact that hyouzou is an assassin who is working for the fishermen pirates, Luffy and him fought. It is possible that he could join the crew, but its less likely.

Like you are with this post? XD

To be on topic, if no one joins this arc, then I am sure Oda is going to introduce someone new when we least expect it. He is pretty creative. We all knew Luffy wanted a musician, but who could have imagined it would be Brook before Oda actually wrote him in?

People bring their own roles. You think Luffy thought he should have a historian/archaeologist when he set out?
    I was being on topic, sorry you didn't realize that!

There's not really much evidence either way that someone will join, although I'd say Luffy's interaction with Hyozo so far make him the most likely candidate.

I agree with Flemmes here that Oda can pretty much introduce a new character and have him join the crew, or even introduce a new species only found in the new world. This is the first island in the new world I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see more and more strong people that luffy will take a liking to and probably want them to join his crew.

I was being on topic, sorry you didn't realize that!

There's not really much evidence either way that someone will join, although I'd say Luffy's interaction with Hyozo so far make him the most likely candidate.
    I was kidding. Noticed the smiley face?

Also, Hyozo seems more interested in money than joining a crew. Is not he a mercenary? Also, down with a third swordsman! It seems more likely that he and Zoro will have a showdown.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Oh I totally expect him and Zoro to face off but if you'll recall Zoro started off the same way, as a bounty hunter out for money. Imagine what it'd be like for the best fishman swordsman to lose to a mere human. I could definitely see some compelling story for him to join up.

Oh I totally expect him and Zoro to face off but if you'll recall Zoro started off the same way, as a bounty hunter out for money. Imagine what it'd be like for the best fishman swordsman to lose to a mere human. I could definitely see some compelling story for him to join up.
    Well, you cannot compare them yet as we do not know what Hyozo's intention's are. With Zoro, we know that his goal is not the money. He just wanted to become the world's strongest swordsman.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Obviously he's going to have a sick kid brother/sister he needs the money to save the life of.

You have just been TRINITIZED!
    • Jun 2005
    • Here I am. What are your other two wishes?
    • Male

As far a character design/personality, yes. Beyond that, a navigator, cook, doctor and carpenter shipwright were pretty much essential. And your question was answered before:

the only ones he didn't say he didn't need were usopp, zoro, brook, and robin (forcefully joined)
    But I sort of disagree about Brook. While he didn't need a musician, he did want one.

I say, maybe we can see some SONAR action in the future. Highly doubtful someone like that would as Fishman Island may be the only submerged island. Trafalgar Law does captain a submarine, someone has to make use of it. I wonder if there is a connection between his name, ship and the Trafalgar class sub, as far as his character design/inspiration.

I dunno about Hyouzo. Might have to check up on his interaction with the StrawHats in future chapters. :/
    The midi-trollian count is off the charts.

Obviously he's going to have a sick kid brother/sister he needs the money to save the life of.
    You really think Oda is going to use that kind of cliche? XD

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す