Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flemmes Felares View Post
    He seems to fit the mad scientist bill to me. With the bad weather, I am not sure ships can even reach the island. Besides, why would they just want him when they can capture the entire island? It is obviously superior in terms of technology, but that also raises the question of whether they are actually a threat. It definitely makes more sense to think that he volunteered. Every series has its mad scientist, you know, but I am not saying he is a bad guy either.

If he joined the crew, he would put Franky out of business.
    Seems to me his home island was so technologically advanced because of vegapunk. I mean no one else on the island was doing any grand experiments or anything; hell vegapunks lab was all locked up and shut down.

I think they could use a spy, a mermaid/merman, and someone who can fly.

Probably a girl yet a genius strategist that uses gun/rifles as primary weapon. Though we have sharpshooter Usopp and hi-tech fighter Frank the carpenter. They dont need fishmen or something like those creeps. LoL

Sorry about the double post

Default Crew member

A new crew member would be awesome. As a rule it seems that the person needs to be

a)powerful, but not so much as to over shadow the other crew members, they need room to grow.
    b)unique but not over the the top (for example Mr.2 could be a crew member but, despite his loyalty to Luffy, he's a bit too ridiculous compared to the rest of the crew)
    c)have valid desire to join, not a single of the current crew members would ever dream of betrayal because they have all at some point or the other proven their loyaly/love for their nakama.

So that means that Hancock, Rayleigh, Ivan, Jinbei etc can't because they are either too powerful or owe loyalty to someone else (in Ivan's case, Dragon).

I'd like to think that Vivi and her duck pal would join but I don't think she's a strong enough fighter and surely she would be needed in Alabasta to rule some day. Perhaps Caime and Pappug but she also has little strength and even the weakest of the straw hats (Usopp) has skill.

Perhaps we'll get someone who can use guns? We already have 2 swords men, 3 devils fruit users, a sniper, a melee fighter (sanji), a cyborg/human weapon and nami can create weather. So maybe a sexy lady who can shoot pistols or perhaps another fighter. Maybe if Coby quit the marines because they're fighting for a bunch of *******s? Although then who would be the Garp to Luffy's Gol D Roger?

Good thought, maybe just one of the 'Tenryuubito' is actually a nice person and hates the way the other's treat everyone else like crap. They could have secretly trained and worked with the revolutionaries and then perhaps join the straw hat crew to one day fight against the world noble's reign of terror. Oooh, Luffy could end up accidentally saving them and that would make them realise that their whole outlook on life is wrong and they're no better than anyone else. I doubt their are any nice world nobles though.

A merman/maid would be good.

Default hancock

I think hancock should be the perfect choice because she has already lost the faith of
    world government by helping luffy .Moreover she cannot live without luffy .And personally i like her . Hope she is the one .

when did they say hancock lost the faith of the government? she is still a shichibukai and she wont leave amazon lilly to help because she wants to protect it

Quote Originally Posted by Purnank View Post
    I think hancock should be the perfect choice because she has already lost the faith of
    world government by helping luffy .Moreover she cannot live without luffy .And personally i like her . Hope she is the one .
    read the posts earlier we already discussed this -.-'
    She can't possibly leave her shichibukai title because if she does and akainu or kizaru come after her and her crew, she is done for. There is absolutely no way she is joining the straw hats. Every member on Luffy's crew has a role, what will be Hancock's role? furthermore Luffy isn't attracted to her and I am pretty sure she can survive without Luffy -__-
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

Quote Originally Posted by Purnank View Post
    read the posts earlier we already discussed this -.-'
    She can't possibly leave her shichibukai title because if she does and akainu or kizaru come after her and her crew, she is done for. There is absolutely no way she is joining the straw hats. Every member on Luffy's crew has a role, what will be Hancock's role? furthermore Luffy isn't attracted to her and I am pretty sure she can survive without Luffy -__-
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

so, is it generally agreed that jinbe will join?

Quote Originally Posted by choppaman View Post
    so, is it generally agreed that jinbe will join?
    umm no? jinbei has his crew
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

• Apr 2011
    • United States of America, North Carolina
    • Male

Okay sorry to boast about all this but can you pleas think about this more clearly a nakama is a friend or a comrade or even a companion so if you think about this clearly remember after the fight at Navy HQ's the party that was with White Beard left but remember they said they would protect Luffy because Luffy was ace's little brother and so in a small way they are apart of Luffy's nakama if you think about it...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    To find the Light you must travel deep into the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAafg View Post
    umm no? jinbei has his crew
    ****, have i completely spaced out? i don't remember seeing a member of his crew. i always assumed he sailed alone.

anyway ignoring that, most people believe a fishman is currently going to join, and jinbe is currently having flashback, so...

Quote Originally Posted by choppaman View Post
    anyway ignoring that, most people believe a fishman is currently going to join, and jinbe is currently having flashback, so...
    I highly doubt that will happen. Jimbei is Luffy's friend and if Luffy wanted Jimbei to be in his crew, he could have asked him a long a time ago.

-------------
    If you guys watch the new opening closely enough, you will realize that another person might not join the crew. The anime is not really associated to the manga so idk but still at this point in the manga, it is very unlikely that a new person will join the crew.
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

I highly doubt that will happen. Jimbei is Luffy's friend and if Luffy wanted Jimbei to be in his crew, he could have asked him a long a time ago.

-------------
    If you guys watch the new opening closely enough, you will realize that another person might not join the crew. The anime is not really associated to the manga so idk but still at this point in the manga, it is very unlikely that a new person will join the crew.
    The Anime and Manga follow the same story, and there is little straying from either one, such as when--in the manga whitebeard get's half his face blown off before he dies--and in the anime that didn't happen. But as for my guess, a new crew member isn't going to join until sometime after the Fishman Island Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSteel View Post
    The Anime and Manga follow the same story, and there is little straying from either one, such as when--in the manga whitebeard get's half his face blown off before he dies--and in the anime that didn't happen. But as for my guess, a new crew member isn't going to join until sometime after the Fishman Island Arc.
    Its not necessary that the anime will always follow the manga very closely. In many popular series the anime is changed and altered in some way that it is different from the manga (idk why) so far its been pretty close to the manga like you said but that doesn't mean it will always stick to the storyline of the manga.
    Last edited by TheAafg; 04-20-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake >.<
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

Its not necessary that the anime will always follow the manga very closely. In my popular series the anime is changed and altered in some way that it is different from the manga (idk why) so far its been pretty close to the manga like you said but that doesn't mean it will always stick to the storyline of the manga.
    Minor changes are made between the anime and manga, I know that. But what do you mean by My?

Do you think it could be possible that Sabo could join later since he is the adopted brother of Luffy and Ace? And he is hinted from the new opening.
    Last edited by Gallade30; 04-22-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade30 View Post
    Do you think it could be possible that Sabo could join later since he is the adopted brother of Luffy and Ace? And he is hinted from the new opening.
    yes there is a strong possibility that sabo is still alive and if he is, he might be a strong pirate himself or he might join luffy.
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

yes there is a strong possibility that sabo is still alive and if he is, he might be a strong pirate himself or he might join luffy.
    I don't think Sabo will join Luffy's crew. From my understanding, he wants to be his own pirate and compet against Luffy and Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSteel View Post
    I don't think Sabo will join Luffy's crew. From my understanding, he wants to be his own pirate and compet against Luffy and Ace.
    but they were really good friends TT__TT perhaps the cruelty of the world changed him?
    I am definetly sure that he is alive cause if he wasn't it wouldn't make sense to tell us about him.
    "You only live once"

"Smoke weed everyday"

but they were really good friends TT__TT perhaps the cruelty of the world changed him?
    I am definetly sure that he is alive cause if he wasn't it wouldn't make sense to tell us about him.
    This could be the same kind of situation as it is with Zoro and Kuwena (not sure if that's how you spell it) but if Sabo is alive then there may be a chance, but still, don't you think Oda would want to even out the boy to girl ratio with another girl instead of a boy?
     Spoiler
    Whether he is dead or alive is up to Oda though.

Oda probably wouldn't kill Sabo that easily knowing him and another requirement I've noticed to join the Strawhat crew is a hard past which Sabo had.

well is it just me or does the fishmen and merfolk represent black people, i mean the characters in one piece already said ussopp like like a fishmen and he's african so could fishmen be black, they went threw slavery and now theres a segregtion and racism.
    i just thought maybe that fishmen are black

HYOUZOU HYOUZOU HYOUZOU I BELIEVE IN YOU FOR THE NEXT CREW MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by cloud28 View Post
    well is it just me or does the fishmen and merfolk represent black people, i mean the characters in one piece already said ussopp like like a fishmen and he's african so could fishmen be black, they went threw slavery and now theres a segregtion and racism.
    i just thought maybe that fishmen are black

HYOUZOU HYOUZOU HYOUZOU I BELIEVE IN YOU FOR THE NEXT CREW MEMBER
    He's just a bounty hunter side character, I don't think hell join unless they are going for another join like Robin. Anyway, my friend suggest Koala, the new girl that was just introduced into the Manga. Kind of random I think but lets see if we can discuss her for a bit.

Koala can't be a new crew member if she has never been introduced to luffy and we don't know where she is or what she's doing

theres alot of attention to hyouzou he's just not a side character he will be important in some type away later