Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Saddest anime of all time

Ok I know that there will be many arguements about this topic but I feel very strongly about this lol. The saddest anime of all time is Air. I just finished watching it like a week ago and I still get sad thinking about it. I love watching it over and over again, it makes me sad but the characters are so lovable I cant stand it. It ticks me off LOL. I have the movie in my Qued in netflix and should be here tomorrow and I cant wait to watch it. But yes AIR is definetly BY FAR the sadest anime you will ever find. Im sure if you watch it you will agree.

Best MMORPG --> Luminary
    http://luminary.ijji.com/

Seen it, still think Elfen Lied was sadier. And at same time full of violence...

Some of my classmates say Air is sad..but I haven't watched it yet.

LyricalRuriko's Anime List | MAL Sig Gallery | Got Kupika?
    I LOVE Shana. <3
    Sig made by me

the saddest anime i've seen is Speed Grapher. it made me sad because one of the main characters went blind in the end but it was still a happy ending.
    I <3 ORG. XIII!

No anime has saddend me and depressed me more than Elfin Lied.

Voices of a Distant Star comes at second place.

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization"
    George Carlin

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood"
    George Carlin
    Farewell people on my freind's list. Maybe you were the only one's who gave a damn.

Air is sad, but probably not the worst ever. It just seems that way because Misuzu is the best of the Key heroines.

Clannad is quickly shaping up to be the saddest of the Key works. Did you see last week's episode? It was T_T

"Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger."
    Common Errors in English Usage

Clannad is quickly shaping up to be the saddest of the Key works. Did you see last week's episode? It was T_T
    Damn right T_T....

If you're talking about anime series, then I thought Elfen Lied. There are probably sadder series out there, but I haven't come across any. However, I don't think there is any anime series or movie out there that is as sad as the movie Grave of the Fireflies. I find it hard to imagine a more sad and depressing story. The fact that it is based on real events in history makes it even sadder.

A slight murderous impulse
    • Jan 2009
    • (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • Male

Grave of the Fireflies without doubt. Nothing really comes close, in my opinion.
    "I teach Karate, Judo, and Sumo on the Internet. Come at me." -- Professor Ueda

Air is sad and the end of kannazuki no miko was soo sad to me.
    Anime my first <3

my anime list

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ArinaMoon

Although it's probably not the saddest anime of all time, I was torn apart by Code Geass R2. I don't think I've ever cried as much as I did at the end of that series (excluding an isolated incident with a book I read several years ago). I've never become as invested in two characters before, and both of them were slaughtered (essentially). The ending is hopeful and happy (ish), but I saw it as tragic. Can't help but love it, though.

Albeit, I don't have much anime exposure yet, so I'm sure more tears are to come...

True tears ;D i think the saddest

To me, Wolf's Rain and Trigun (season 2) had the most sad and dramatic endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokota View Post
    Grave of the Fireflies without doubt. Nothing really comes close, in my opinion.
    Stole mine! Also I thought Air overall was sad. So were some parts of Kanon 2006 and Sola.
    Signature Made by Me.

Not the saddest series, but the character episode of Sayo Aisaka in Mahou Sensei Negima! was really sad.

It is really hard to define what is sad in an anime series. What is sad varies from fan to fan.

Grave of the Fireflies

Spoiler

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/sean/Pictures/monkey_kng.jpg[/IMG]

Most of Kanon 2006 was Sad, defently when Shiori Misaka was going to die and Sayuri's brother died that was a very sad moment in anime. T_T

Spoiler

Everyone Wears A Mask!

Quote Originally Posted by vampireanimefan View Post
    It is really hard to define what is sad in an anime series. What is sad varies from fan to fan.
    True, which is why i said there will be many arguements. I basically made this thread to hear everyones opinions on it lol.

Best MMORPG --> Luminary
    http://luminary.ijji.com/

The last couple episodes of Sailor Moon were sad too.

The new seasons of Pokemon, It was so sad that I cried the whole way through it!

So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday.
    • Jan 2005
    • The Nothingness.
    • Male

Grave of the fireflies hands down.
    I was brought to tears when I thought about all the hard working U.S. women polishing the insides of the incendiary bomb casings dropped on all those japanese savages.

God Bless those hard workers.
    "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Watch BERSERK(directed by Naohito Takahashi) Then talk about sadnes

P.S if you under 18 dont watch it.

Elfen Lied made me cry for days. Seriously.

Air was pretty sad too, but not as sad as Elfen Lied.

I like the MUZIK