Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tranquil.

Default Tranquil.

Tranquil. - READ ALL OF IT.

Chapter One of Roleplay background.

In separate time, separate space, on a planet covered in tall, fierce, rocky mountains towering to the skies, there exists a valley deep in the crevice of two especially massive mountains. Between the two mountains and surrounded by mounds or walls of boulders lies a lush valley full of streams, rivers, and lakes as well as trees, grasses, and large, open plains as well as forests.

The race of Man had long lived here, but longer than them still had lived the Elves. When their rocket powered machines had crashed into their lush forests, they had immediately attacked the men in the strange suits. A distant colony of people had tried to migrate here, and when they had landed they were immediately assaulted by elves, of which a six month long war persisted after landing.

In the end, the mass numbers of elves won out, and they destroyed the humans machines and enslaved the remaining number of humans, teaching their children the elven ways. After nearly a century, a strong young human by the name of Tychul rose up against the elves, gathering his fellow humankind to break off their imprisonment, demanding freedom.

After several years of riots in the elven cities and open war, the elves allowed the humans to be banished from their lands, throwing them upon the harsh plains. There the Humans, the most innovative of peoples, constructed mighty castles out of stone, and forged weapons of steel after many tireless years.

After almost two hundred years since landing in the humongous valley of their new home, they were a powerful, thriving nation, having a tendency to reproduce in much larger numbers than the elves as faster rates. Most speculation to this difference is usually judged because peoples of elven blood generally lived about four human lifetimes before wasting away into the afterlife.

With all the old wise elves that had upheld the beliefs of enslaving the humans and buried deep within themselves bitterly their prejudices dead, a new young generation of elves decided it was better and more prudent to make peace with the rapidly advancing humankind.

Therefore delegates were sent out, trade routes created, and cross-border travel permitted. For many merry years peace persisted, until present day.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two of roleplay background.

Three weeks proceeding the current roleplay's timeline a human scout was forging far into the north despite the warnings of the human elders and elf premonitions, cresting a hill at the northern tip of the humans' borders. What he saw there began a landslide of events that would forever alter the course of mortal history.

Talisin was good at what he did. Scouting. He had already finished the Northern Maps his father, another prominent Scout, had begun. His thirst for new territory thrived within him, the hunger of youth wild within him. On this present day he had left his girl, Julie, at their cottage in the Vile Swamps, before proclaming he was going to go beyond the accepted border.

No one had ever gone that far, or dared, due to the treacherous terrain and whisper of devils. "Nonsense!" He had declared, daring the world to try to deal him a hand he couldn't handle. Therefore despite his humble partner's protests, he had set into the wild beyond, making his mark on human and elfkind history.

He looked around. Below him lay a deeper set valley below a long set of blackened, burned cliffs. If he had ever talked with an elven scout, who had long since tabooed these territories, he would have known that some rocks were better left unturned.

But as fate would have it, our young explorer was full of the recklessness of young age and raging hormones, probably contributing to what happened next.

In short, he was captured by a raiding party of orcs, who had been dormant for a millenium, hiding deep within their caves. Most of the elves had forgotten them, dismissing them as fairy tales and so unlike the humans, were content with tradition and simply not venturing into those lands. The young human scout, Talisin, tipped the iceberg, and after narrowly escaping, taunting their leader, and letting slip after being questioned of who or what he was that he had an entire nation of people, as well as elves too, the orcs immediately set into action.

Now, the orcs had been woefully ignorant of other mortals in their valley for the longest of times. They lived considerably longer than elves, faring well over five hundred years. Having been more than a thousand more years since they thought elf threat extinguished, they were absolutely shocked that not only were the elves thriving in their forests, but a new race, Man, had also taken up holdings in their lands.

When the elders and the Orc King heard news of this, they immediately summoned the old armies, recruited new ones, sharpened their weapons, and prepared for war.

Talisin remained with them for a week, before escaping their beatings and torture, making a beeline for the capital, telling the King of Mankind what he had heard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

RACES TO CHOOSE FROM:

Human:
    Elf:
    Half Elf(Father was elf):
    Half Human(Father was human):

CITIES:

Elves:
    Tearsfall: Capital of the elves, looks like a whirlwind of trees forged into the sky, resembling a massive tree trunk with multiple communities inside the size of normal human cities. The concept of "cities" plural resonated simply with the Humans, there are only camps and roadside villages beyond the town of Tearsfall.
    Humans:
    Tychul: Named after the man who had brought them out of their chains and to breathe the air that humans craved, it is a modern marvel of technology. With well fortified walls, in a series of unique and strategically planned patterns, in another world it would've have been named a "Citadel." It is clear that elven influence is involved, for although warlike and prideful in nature, there is a multitudes of gardens, groves, and trees throughout the small towns within the massive city.
    Ayielding: The only other Human town, far to the north, on the very edge of the human's borders. It is the farthest they have settled, and it is full of proud people who are loyal to the King. It is surrounded by a fortified wall, and is a proud city of military might and architecture.

General idea of the map:

Imagine a valley in the shape of an oval. The curved "points" of the oval are the north and south ends. Mountains completely surround the area, barring anyone that would wish to venture beyond, inside. The Mountains are steep, rough, and rain ceaselessly, the water pouring off and filling the rivers and streams of the valley. In the southern end are the thick, populated wilderness of the elves, where they guard their lands with bows, arrows, and stealth.

Imagine a shoe. The sole, and most of the shoe are the woods in the southern ends of the valley. The ankle part of the shoe(think converse shoes), stretches up the left/west side of the valley. To the right of that ankle and above the rest of the shoe, are the vast, open human controlled plains filled with grain and open frontiers. The border of both human and elves end at a point, level with one another, where the woodland stops and the plains meet rough, barren terrain filled with rocky, gray, cold, ceaselessly snowing plateus.

These uninhabited lands are where the orcs dwell. Tychul, the capital of the humans is located in the center of their circular borders, cresting inside the open area of the ankle and bottom shoe portions of woodlands controlled by the elves while the city of Ayielding, nicknamed Sentinel of the Stars is at the very northern tip of their lands, bordering the snowy barren wastelands infested with orcs.

Where the ankle portion of the woodland shoe and the northern boundaries of the human circle stop, everything to the south including human and elf makes up about 40% of the valley. Everything above that are uncharted cavernous, rocky, mountainaous ravines, making up 60% of the valley.

The elven city of Tearsfall lies in the southwestern tip of the deeply infested woodland shoe, towering high into the sky protected by uninhabitable(by human or orc) trees under the shadow of the great mountain.

Authors note. READ THIS.

I may have to make a few additions, some of the higher class of roleplayers will probably mention what those will have to be. I will be glad to do so, for I know everything I need to know about this idea, I simply didn't want to overwhelm you with all the histories and wealth of information. If you wish to contact me when I am not on A4, please email me or message me at jimihendrix81@live.com. Yes, that is my msn messenger ID.

ALSO ATTENTION:

Please read EVERYTHING I have written, and if you have any questions, please REREAD what I wrote because more than likely the answer is there.

Character Sheet:

Experienced roleplayers should have this down by now, but to give you a guideline I'll throw this down, it's pretty standard.

Name:
    Race:
    Equipment:
    Bio(Don't be afraid to give much detail to this! This may not be the only roleplay thread made for this material, I will probably continue the series.):
    Other(Optional, the more you add, the more likely I'll let you in.)

Additonal Notes and Whims (where I throw in whatever I forgot to mention)

1. Elves have a bit of magic, humans do not. It's minor healing(they won't waste time with surgeries, another human concept). Only specially trained clerics are able to heal grievous wounds, and the healing power is amplified with the number of people wielding the magic.
    2. Humans have shorter lives.
    3. Half-elves can live to about two hundred years, Half-Humans live generally shorter lives than anyone else.
    4. The Humans who landed gave the name to the world "Tranquil" although in the elven language they name it "Symnon" meaning literally "Unending Life" or "Immortal."

STARTING LOCATION REQUIRED:
    Everyone starts at Ayielding.
    Last edited by Geranium; 02-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.

<-----<< I keep on changing that daily or weekly.

[[Steam: Drewisdrewisdrew or ss4vegeta]]

will post in this later
    Why do feeders exist in MOBA's... Why can't they all die?

Just know there's no guarantee you'll get in if you just sign up, make sure it's a detailed and a thought out character sheet/post.

Despite the usually nausiating presence of elves, I am vaguely interested in this. But the side of me that created Crystal Sukaran is far to curious to resist:
    1: Weapon/Tech limit: I ask all this because even 'tech advanced' and 'modern' can mean alot of different things (Tommy Guns, AKs, Lasers).
    2: HOW TALL ARE THE ELVES? Ok, I might end up ranting about this on the RPC/MSN lol.
    3: Human-elves are intergrated or segregated?
    I am Medaton, God of Lava!

(Bandwidth exceeded. Imagine a big red dragon banner, and then a little one that says "Fantasy RPer")

Name: Ranosh Seylden
    Race: Elf
    Description: Ranosh is an formidable being to behold. He stands an even six feet tall and has a fairly muscular build. He is most always seen wearing his plate armor that he made himself. The most striking part about him though is his skin color. His skin is a dark gray where most elves have fair skin; this in contrast to his pure white hair is an unforgettable combination. One last feature that is of note are his gold earings. (For those of you with a weak imagination.)
     Spoiler

Equipment: His armor, one-handed warhammer, and his sheild.
     Spoiler

Spoiler

Bio: Ranosh grew up in a village of both elves and humans learning to make armor from both races. Through his experience and long lived life he has become a master of his craft, revered as one of the great armor smiths of the time. He can create armor for both species and his favorite phrase is, "My armor is so flexible you could dance in it."
    Other: A very serious elf who would be concidered rude amoung his people because he gets strait to the point, or in other words he is blunt. He is a skilled fighter and has enough magic prowess to heal minor cuts and breaks. His armor is foraged using rare and very stong metals that are not easily broken or penatrated. His specialty is plate armor but he can also forge mail and weapons.

Credit to my hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Medaton View Post
    Despite the usually nausiating presence of elves, I am vaguely interested in this. But the side of me that created Crystal Sukaran is far to curious to resist:
    1: Weapon/Tech limit: I ask all this because even 'tech advanced' and 'modern' can mean alot of different things (Tommy Guns, AKs, Lasers).
    2: HOW TALL ARE THE ELVES? Ok, I might end up ranting about this on the RPC/MSN lol.
    3: Human-elves are intergrated or segregated?
    1. Steel weapons. Bow and arrows. etc.
    2. Can be anywhere from five feet to seven feet.
    3. They're not prejudiced either way. In both societies they're accepted, if slightly more outcast.

@Aka You're in buddy. Good job.

Name: Judith Springs
    Race: Elf. (One of my two elf characters EVER)
    Description: Generic female elf. ....Ok, fine. She stands about 5'2" with a slim build. She has long, brown hair that doesn't cover her pointy ears. She wears a thin, white band on her head that has a snowflake pattern engraved lightly on it. Her skin is a little paler than a human's and has no freckles or marks. She wears white and light brown robes that travel to her shins. Her small feet are bare most of the time, but she has been known to wear sandals.
    Equipment: Judith wears many necklaces under her conservative robe. Each necklace has a special meaning to her, some being rumored to have magical powers. On her back is a long bow and a quiver of arrows, which she uses only for hunting and defense.
    Bio: Judith and her brother Rackron lived peacefully for a long while. Their family was middle class in wealth, living as nobody in particular for a happy amount of time. Even though she is very young, she has a splendid amount of healing power, but very little knowledge as to how to use it. She is a decent archer at close range but can hit a long range target fairly well (she may need glasses). Judith has never held a predejucie against humans at all, nor halflings, but she has stated to her friends that she would preffer an elf mate over a human one.
    Other: Judith is NOT a damsel in distress. Just because she is a young female elf with little control over her power and no short range archery skills does NOT mean she cannot take care of herself. She is a skilled woodswoman (what?) and can fight moderately well. She uses a style known as Gref to fight, which she learned from a red haired stranger who she never saw again (brownie points to who can figure it out!). Her brother Rackron is a big, strong, powerhouse who could propably punch through a wall with both hands, the total opposite of Judith. Judith is a shy person who likes to read ancient texts and runes. She secretly believes in the occult, an interest that was nearly tripled by her meeting of the man who taught her the Gref way.

Cool? Yah, I'm using an elf. Her and Rackron are my only elf chars EVER.

(Bandwidth exceeded. Imagine a big red dragon banner, and then a little one that says "Fantasy RPer")

Very nice Medaton, I hope everyone else puts in as much detail.

Name: Faith Devona
    Race: Human
    Description: I hope you don't mind just a picture.
     Spoiler

Equipment: The armor and sword shown in the picture. She also has a beautiful ash bow.
    Biography: Faith grew up in Tychul in the home of a middle class merchant. She would have taken on the family business if it weren't for the birth of a younger brother when she was twelve. Passing the honor of following in her father's footsteps on to her brother she began to pursue he true dream of being a warrior. Not many people are will to train a female in the arts of war but in such a large city she managed to find one that taught her how to fight with the best. She moved to Ayeilding three years back when her instructer died of old age.
    Other: She is not a master of the sword but she is damned good. She skills with a bow can rival some of the elves as well.

Credit goes to Faerhen.

I would of loved to be an orc.....
    Plus, does the whole enslaving of humans beforehand mean theres going to be tensities between some humans and elves, like elves who believe humans should be prisoned still?
    All aside however;

Name: Leo Regrigard
    Description: He is slightly short for his age. His blue eyes seem to faint at times of despair. He can't lift much heavier things then 60 pounds. Crafty in thought, but often makes mistakes. A necklace hangs from his neck which he carries always, he never explains the reason why though. His height is: 5'6" (I really hate describing appearances so forgive me) Other basic things: Thin at a weight of 167, brown and dirty hair run short across his face, and skilled at long endurance running.

Equipment: Sharp sword that reaches out 2'4" long. He also dresses in a small amount of chain armor and a tattered old brown helmet. He can use a bow but doesn't like carrying one with him.

Bio: He has coexisted with elves for a while, mainly after he was 3 and taken in by another family after classified as being an orphan. He trained in fighting with his brother who disappeared after he hit the age of 17. But he left to get his own place once he was 20. A long experience with elves had caused him to socialize very well with them. But he can be awkward while talking to humans. Of course he is human so it causes him to question his background history. Through the years he's matured, he still hasn't found a single thing about his family.

Other(More like a deeper bio): He is skilled in hand to hand combat including partial long range fighting. He gets awfully lazy at times which causes him to quit early. The whole thing with him being raised by elves made him gain small amounts of enchanting. Reasons for this are unknown, ever since he hit 6, he was capable of healing himself slowly. He still never tried to enhance these abilities but it has come in handy on occasions. He has varied friends and seem to link between both humans and elves even with being pure human race. He's looked greatly upon by his foster parents ever since their actual son left them. Leo believes they gave him the healing powers by channeling their power to protect him.

God, I feel that I have a horrible description though.

Not to rush you along or anything G but I think we have sufficient people now. Let's get this show on the road.

Credit to my hoe.

@Jawn: You're in.
    @Alpha: You're in. I didn't want anyone to be orcs because it's gets too disorganized and I don't want to be stuck fighting one battle the whole roleplay.
    @Aka: Okay, but I just hit a tidal wave of mental problems and depression today. I know we aren't supposed to let that interfere with our roleplaying so I'll try to get the IC up today or tomorrow. Wistful_Vixen's joining, but she can't get on til Monday. She's also supposed to make us a map so you guys can understand it a bit better.

Thank god. Geranium, where is your char?

Name: "Captain" Paul Simus
    Description: Towering over others at six foot five inches, he had pale skin and long flowing, dark red hair that slightly curled in an unkempt manner. He had an fiery red scar that lengthened from his chin, curved around his cracked lips, and lined up to the base of his eye socket.
    Equipment: He wore conventional leather armor, leather boots with straps, and a belt with an odd assortment of elven daggers, self-forged short swords while fancying a thick, long bow made of oak draped across his back interlaced with a quiver made of wolf hides holding black and red tipped arrows(poison).
    Bio: He grew up on the farms of Ayielding, and when he hit the age of fourteen and finished his basic schooling, he was sent to be an apprentice for a blacksmith who not only taught him how to forge armor and weapons, but also how to wield and be a master of everything he made. To his master's dismay however, he decided he preferred the style of leather armor, which allowed him the freedom of movement and still provided a sufficient amount of protection from the wolves and other dangers of the wild from the barren north. He was recruited into the local militia to fight the hoardes of the wolven threat.
    Other: He fought many victories for the town of Ayielding, against impossible odds, the poor town of Ayielding often ignored by the city state of Tychul, being referred to by those in the senate as "That superstitious cow colony" leaving them for the most part to fend for themselves behind their quiet town's stone walls as well as the productive farms surrounding them.
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymNwsg2T2w

@ Meda. Right thurr, right thurr. I'll have the IC posted soon.

Note: not as detailed as before, I wrote it out once, but the page decided to refresh itself out of it's own will, deleting everything I had written.
    Last edited by Geranium; 02-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Name: Simon "Son of the Highfather" Alabaster
    Description: Short, thick blonde hair adorns a milky white head, while steely blue eyes gaze from it. Simon is tall, around 6'0, give or take an inch, and is relatively well toned, weighing about 175 lbs of almost pure muscle. He has a commanding and charismatic air about him.
    Equipment: No matter if he is dressed for battle or not, Simon always wears the tabard of the "Highfather knights" draped over him. At his side is a longsword with a golden hilt. He secretly carries a dagger in his boot. He has a full suit of breastplate, reinforced on the weak parts to keep his vulnerable spots safe. He does not wear a helmet, but instead wears a crown of silver chains. He carries a shield on his back, when dressed for battle.
    Bio: Simon was born to a noble family as the third son. Even though life was good for Simon, he knew that when his father died, his two older brothers would get everything, and him nothing. So, he was asked to be trained to be a knight. However, he rejected the huge amount of weaponry that was offered to him, and would only learn the sword. A few weeks after being knighted, there was a small skirmish Simon took part of, and that was where his fame began. It is said that it was a cloudy day, but as Simon's horse reared on a small hill over looking the enemies, a single beam of light came from the sky, hitting only Simon, as many arrows suddenly missed him. Simon told all after the battle that a heavenly voice had spoken to him, calling itself the Highfather, and telling him that his job was to make the world home to humans, the rightful heirs of the planet. Few believed, but as Simon's knight career went on, he never seemed to lose a battle. At this time, more follower's of "The Son of the Highfather" have appeared, and since Simon seems to be gaining power and influence, the senate sent him to Ayielding, to try and get him out of the picture.
    Other: Simon truly believes in the code of the knight. He helps other's in distress, never attacks an unarmed foe, so on and so forth. He tends to be popular with poorer people, as he drives away gangs of thugs and what not for free, and these poor people usually turn into followers. Due to what he claims the highfather told him, he has a horrible dislike for anything that is not pure human. Even though he started with nothing, Simon now has a large estate in the capital, and is reasonably wealthy.

(sorry for this being so long. Just thought i'd put some extra effort into char. development since i was a little late trying to join up)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5KeXZPRkU
    (My almost a year old "Wizard of Earthsea" project, up for stupidest video ever award)

I'll be posting a char here tomorrow, I'm taking a day off to rest.

Soul Society: Kensei Muguruma and Vaizard Leader - 2100 SJs, One Piece Club: 500 Beli

We cannot see the truth until we accept it. We must discern for ourselves what is right in this world, for it is not simply black and white. There are many shades of grey.

No Sergio, I want you to put as much detail as you can into your posts. As long as you do that as you have with this post, you're in.

@Desuka: Okay buddy, look forward to it.

@Jawn: That was a really good intro post, I'm going to wait til everyone else posts their intro before posting though.

Name: Fafnir Von Azure
    Race: Half Elf
    Description: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...er/warrior.png
    Equipment: Gram, the Blade of Kinslaying:
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/SamWer/orcclaymore.jpg

Svalinn, the Heated Guard:
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/hak_en/491426695_a1de7572e9.jpg

Bio(Don't be afraid to give much detail to this! This may not be the only roleplay thread made for this material, I will probably continue the series.): Fafnir is descended from an ancient race that existed long ago on the Human Homeworld. They roamed the seas of Ancient Earth, pillaging plundering. They were great warriors, one and all, even with a few women who fought. And Fafnir shows his heritage with pride. Standing at 6’7”, weighing 280 lbs, he’s a tank amongst men. His love of battle makes everyone of his lineage think “The Ancestors would be proud. He may enter Asgard one day, and dine with the Gods.”

His childhood was normal; at least, if having an Elven father was normal. He had a brother who disappeared one day with only a note left, and a mother who died when he was young. His father taught him martial combat, but Fafnir was taught the blade by his uncle. He swiftly became adept in both, the warrior blood in him absorbing it like a sponge.

When he was 15, he was placed in a Right of Passage test. He was placed into a cave with nothing but a shortspear, and had to survive for two days. He stayed in there for a week, coming out with blood covering his body and a strange greatsword in his hand. No one asked him what happened, and he was pretty closed mouthed about it.\
    Theme Song: Swords in the Wind - Man-o-War
    Last edited by Desuka Kira; 02-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Soul Society: Kensei Muguruma and Vaizard Leader - 2100 SJs, One Piece Club: 500 Beli

We cannot see the truth until we accept it. We must discern for ourselves what is right in this world, for it is not simply black and white. There are many shades of grey.

Accepted, feel free to throw in a post in the intro. I'll post once everyone else has.

Medaton used Key Cruncher! Its Super Effective!

Note: No, my posts will not consistantly be that long lol.

Haha, it was a very worthy introductory post. I do encourage detail, maybe not quite that long though. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Geranium View Post
    Haha, it was a very worthy introductory post. I do encourage detail, maybe not quite that long though. xD
    Thats prolly the longest post I've made for a while, or somewhere near that long.
    To be honest I think its only because of (Kira guessed it) Tih Gref's presence that I was able to keep going. He monstrously increases the posts I make, so I think I'll keep up Judith's memory and imagination of him throughout.

Fafnir is one of my favorite characters to use, but he's only able to be used in ones like these, the whole "Lord of The Rings" idea, Humans/Elves/Dwarves Vs Orcs/Goblins/Trolls kind of things.

I hate doing introductions, mainly because I feel that I never give enough details. Plus I never give anything exciting.

Alpha, about your IC post. The City State doesn't believe us when we say there's an invasion ready to plunder our lands. They're not sending troops. That's why we're trying to make a militia.