Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • on vibrant wings to reach the sky. ♥
    • Female

Default Cardcaptor Sakura on Blu-Ray

For all those interested in Cardcaptor Sakura, I have some good news. The series about the lovable magical girl Sakura will be coming to Blu-Ray

On March 27th, the Clow Card Arc will be released. On June 26, the Sakura Arc will also come out.

Comparison pictures for the Blu-Ray are up all over the internet, and you can actually see the difference. The sharpness the original had has pretty much vanished.

They can be bought off the Japanese amazon, but even then, they're pretty expensive. Around 670 American dollars for the first set, and 404 dollars for the second set.

Sadly though, no US release. Then again, the chances were already slim, at best.

I'll have to wait quite a while to buy it. Not to mention the Blu-Ray player I'll need.

You have just been SakuRAWRed!
    I'll be your Sakura if you'll be my Syaoran
    ::but you can't explain a love like ours ~ 5/21/10::
     Spoiler

haha
    wow thats awsome
    Saku-Chan you are sooo obsessed!!!!!
    but im pretty sure my grandmother has a blu-ray player.
    so if you wanna get it the like im sure we can watch it there.
    TWLOHA <3

Nah. I'd be happy with a standard DVD copy. However, would it be creepy for someone like me to have CCSakura?

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

For someone like me, CCS started it all for me. So of course, I'm going to want an amazing, much better copy than the original. Even if it is expensive. And nah Kyuu, I don't think its that weird.

Spoiler

Ooh, that's lovely. ^^ It's a tad expensive, but it's probably cheaper than buying the Blu Ray discs separately. :/

Also, wouldn't the Blu Ray player here be different than the one in Japan?

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

That is a good point. See, for me, I haven't the slightest clue how Blu-Players would work. That is probably a good point though.

God, this is the one thing I hope gets some kind of American release. Blu-Ray anime releases have been happening a lot lately here, so why not this show. It was epic.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
    Nah. I'd be happy with a standard DVD copy. However, would it be creepy for someone like me to have CCSakura?
    Eh no worse than owning any other magical girl show I guess. On the plus side, no English release probably means no terrible Geneon dub!

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious Z.O.G. View Post
    Eh no worse than owning any other magical girl show I guess. On the plus side, no English release probably means no terrible Geneon dub!
    Good point. Still, if they could just subtitle it and send it over, I'd be very happy.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSakura View Post
    That is a good point. See, for me, I haven't the slightest clue how Blu-Players would work. That is probably a good point though.

God, this is the one thing I hope gets some kind of American release. Blu-Ray anime releases have been happening a lot lately here, so why not this show. It was epic.
    I know a place you could probably order a Blu Ray player for Japanese releases. But it ships from Hawaii and I haven't glanced at the site in years.

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

I'll probably wait a bit. Since CCSakura's time, the anime industry here has gotten a lot better.

There may actually be a possibility for such releases!

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious Z.O.G. View Post
    I was actually satisfied with Pioneer - now Geneon.

The region coding for blu-ray is the same in Japan and the US, so unless that's changed, you should be able to watch Japanese bvds on American players and vice versa. Actually, that's been an argument as to why there's so little anime on bvd so far, apparently the Japanese companies are afraid of reverse imports.

I'd be happy with any new release of CCS for North America. It should really come out with some sort of box-set soon!

My Anime List ~creator of the worst signatures ever (Go Me!)

CCS on Blu-Ray would be pretty neat, too bad I'd still look like a complete pedo for buying DVD's of a magical girl show at my age.

I'll buy CSS even if they think I'm a pedo.

CSS has sentimental value to me so I could care less what people judge me.
    zutto zutto... itsuka... itsumo... kitto...
    ずっと ずっと いつか いつも きっと
    forever... one day... always... surely...

"Love is life's most Beautiful mystery. It often comes as a surprise, filling the heart with sudden Joy. Selfless and giving, Love places the Happiness of another before one's own. It inspires with its Passion, nurtures with its Generosity, and enriches with its Spirit. There is no limit to its magic. Love is Eternal."

"Dedication takes a Lifetime, Dreams only last for a Night"

- 10000 Posts and 10000+ Achievement Points on June 27th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Shian Kiri View Post
    I'll buy CSS even if they think I'm a pedo.

CSS has sentimental value to me so I could care less what people judge me.
    I never got to watch the series in it's original form. Only time I ever did was that really butchered version that skipped tons of episodes and content.

I'm probably missing out.

Meh, if a company ever re-released the series on dvd or blu-ray, then I'll probably give a volume or two a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendou View Post
    I never got to watch the series in it's original form. Only time I ever did was that really butchered version that skipped tons of episodes and content.

I'm probably missing out.

Meh, if a company ever re-released the series on dvd or blu-ray, then I'll probably give a volume or two a try.
    You may not like at this point in time though.
    I can definitely say that I had a hard time watching through it after going through it the first time... cut.
    ずっと ずっと いつか いつも きっと

"Love is life's most Beautiful mystery. It often comes as a surprise, filling the heart with sudden Joy. Selfless and giving, Love places the Happiness of another before one's own. It inspires with its Passion, nurtures with its Generosity, and enriches with its Spirit. There is no limit to its magic. Love is Eternal."

Quote Originally Posted by Shian Kiri View Post
    You may not like at this point in time though.
    I can definitely say that I had a hard time watching through it after going through it the first time... cut.
    Well, of course it'll be silly and probably a bit corny, but I don't think that'll really hinder anything if I watch it.

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

Well. In my opinion, it is a pretty timeless show. When I have the money, I'll definitley buy it, if not because that series is everything to me. Anime was Cardcaptor Sakura when i first got into it.

Thanks Symph Lizard, for pointing out the Blu-Ray confusion.

And, although it has been said, CCS has a big sentimental value to me as well. I don't think I would have ever stuck to anime without this series helping me along.

Good thing I watched the subs and not the cut ones.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSakura View Post

Good thing I watched the subs and not the cut ones.
    What if CCS was dubbed but with no cuts? That wouldn't be too bad, would it?

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

I don't know. The original was very amazing in my opinion. I mean, even Sakura's voice actor's name was Sakura. How rad is that?

I don't think I could handle Monica Rial as Sakura. Even if she does an amazing job as the TRC one.

Now Jason Liebricht as Syaoran...hmm...maybe.

Spoiler

Never particularly interested in Card Captor, but it does sound interesting. ^^ I should check it out anyway.

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

I remember the days when we used to call Nelvana, Nelbaka.
    Those were the days... how long ago was that? 8 years ago?
    ずっと ずっと いつか いつも きっと

Loli with a shotty.
    • Oct 2008
    • Female

You're right. I'm pretty sure it was 8 years ago. They did good with CCS though.

Spoiler

This would be nice to watch again in high definition. It's too bad Japan and the UK don't share the same BD region like they do for DVDs.