Welcome to Anime-Forums.com - Piercing the heavens, GIGA-A4-BRREKKAH

Valvrave the Liberator Season 2

The second season of laser space vampire high schoolers piloting suicidal mechs against space-nazis and space-USA.

Kill la Kill

Ryuko is searching for her father's murderer, her only clue half of a pair of giant scissors. She transfers into Honnoji Academy, a dystopian high school ruled by the student council who possess Goku Uniforms; uniforms imbued with super powers.

Pokemon Origin

A reboot/retelling of the original Pokemon game, featuring Red and Green as the protagonist and rival. Much grittier and truer to the Pokemon manga Adventures in tone and direction.

Kyoukai no Kanata

A pair of high schoolers, a half youmu boy and a girl who can wield blood magic, wind up involved in super natural events occurring in their town.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Long awaited new season of the well-known anime and manga, about a young boxer named Ippo rising up through Japan's ranks, as he aims for a match against his rival, Miyata.

Space Dandy

The Dandiest Man in Space, Dandy, is an alien hunter searching for undiscovered species with his robot assistant QT and a cat alien named Meow.

Samurai Flamenco

An eccentric male model decides to become a super hero in order to become a hero of justice, despite having no super powers.

Anime-Forums is a web based community that hosts discussions on the topic of Japanese Animations with the primary focus of having content that is driven by the community. As a member, you're able to:

• Join Social Groups
  • Create a Personal Blog
  • Participate in Seasonal Banner Creations
  • Write Articles that appear on the main spotlight!

Dont have an account? Register

View Poll Results: Are you a weeaboo?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 19.05%
  • No

26 41.27%
  • A what? (Liar)

12 19.05%
  • JAPAN 4EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 20.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ramen

Default Ramen

I've just made a Pocky thread, and this is the second in the "How many weeaboos does A4 have?" set of threads (More may come, if I get bored enough)

So, Ramen.

For those who don't click the link, Ramen is basically a form of instant soup noodles from Japan (originating in China, blah blah).

So, I was walking around my local supermarket (not the asian one) and some ramen caught my eye. I had seen a bunch of you guys raving about it for a couple of years on this board, so naturally I checked it out. Plus, I was in need of instant foods that didn't taste like crap.

So, I tried some ramen, and well.

It was delicious. I was suprised, I thought that it was going to be like the crappy noodles I get given in this country. I was wrong. And, being a university student on a tight budget, I needed something like ramen to be my lunch on almost every day. Now I have many kinds of ramen in my room, including Korean ramen. I even am branching out into some Udon (It was cheap).

So, A4, what is your opinion on Ramen?
    Thanks for the avatar Amoo :3

Ramen is ok. I'm not a particular fan of noodles anyway. I like them dry and raw better. ^_^

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

It's pretty much the cheapest "food" you can buy, so it's got that going for it. It isn't unbearable if you add a fried egg, or some fresh veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious Z.O.G. View Post
    It's pretty much the cheapest "food" you can buy, so it's got that going for it. It isn't unbearable if you add a fried egg, or some fresh veggies.
    Oh yes. ^^ If I eat noodles, I have to add some vegetables. It tastes much better with vegies.

By the way..what's you're favorite flavor of Ramen, Clint? ^^

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

Quote Originally Posted by Flemmes Felares View Post
    Oh yes. ^^ If I eat noodles, I have to add some vegetables. It tastes much better with vegies.

By the way..what's you're favorite flavor of Ramen, Clint? ^^
    Sesame Flavour.

Ramen for me hits the spot when it comes to quick, easy, cheap lunches. It's got taste, depending on the flavour, unlike a lot of snack foods. Better in winter than summer. These days I'm back on savoury sandwiches.

Edit: Technically this should be in the food/nutrition forum, but my intention for the thread is more general than that.

None of you know what ramen tastes like; you've only had dried preservative-filled crap called Maru-Chan and Shin Cup Ramen.

Quote Originally Posted by sixc View Post
    None of you know what ramen tastes like; you've only had dried preservative-filled crap called Maru-Chan and Shin Cup Ramen.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you. ^.~
    But you can tell what you have in mind. ^_^

喜びの糸はカノン紡ぎ出す

I've tasted Fuzhou and Singaporean Ramen thank you very much.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Be damned if I get to buy a stack of Instant Noodles and eat them for meals, my mother would kill me. She cooks all my meals and holds them in a tight leash, pretty good and bad if you think about it.

But on the topic; I've never had one of those Ramen instant noodle packs. In fact, because I don't do the shopping, I haven't tasted a wide range of instant noodles, only the ones which I know I like and request for when I just can't be bothered (i.e. My mother is out).

hurrrrr no ****, obviously we're talking about the freeze dried stuff, but guess what that's what the OPs about. Feel free to talk about "real" ramen or w/e but the condescension over a bowl of noodles is just silly.

Ramen? Oh you mean that cheap maruchan stuff that costs 5$ for a 32 pack.
    Besides that, I haven't had real ramen. I don't think they even sell real ramen where I live. Even in the Japanese restaurants.

They have a resturant here that serves ramen mainly as their dish, its absolutely delicious.. especially with the beef included.:3

I used to eat tons of it when I was a teenager, but grew tired of it. It was the typical cheap stuff you buy nor almost nothing with one of those seasoning pouches to give it actual taste. Now I rather buy spaghetti and fry some meatballs to go with it. Almost as fast and taste way better. But I did try "real" ramen once wile ordering from a Chinese restaurant... and it was delicious. I got it with beef and some vegetables... I also remember there being egg in there as well. So for the real deal, I love it. For the sort you have to make yourself, not so much.

Its good if you add stuff to it,
    But by itself it gets a little boring to eat.
    ------
    -----------
    Come Visit Louis' on Menewsha!

I love ramen. I had it everyday the time I went to Japan. Authentic
    Starcraft II: For the Swarm

Its called pot noodle.

Nobs.
    Do You Even YOLO Bro?

Blue Lobstah Batman
    • Jan 2009
    • There was this one time when I hooked up my lawnmower to my Nintendo"
    • Male

Quote Originally Posted by Khimera9 View Post
    Ramen? Oh you mean that cheap maruchan stuff that costs 5$ for a 32 pack.
    Besides that, I haven't had real ramen. I don't think they even sell real ramen where I live. Even in the Japanese restaurants.
    Maruchan?? Ich. That stuff tastes like cardboard soaked in elmers glue. Nissin's the real deal. The best is Nissin fried in water and chow mein sauce.

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

I love it, it's so delicious! I've heard it's ten times better in Japan though. Wow, that must be fantastic.
    "Both knowledge and awareness are equivocal. One's reality might be another's illusion. We all live inside our own fantasies, don't you think?" - Itachi Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Hatake View Post
    I love it, it's so delicious! I've heard it's ten times better in Japan though. Wow, that must be fantastic.
    If it's instant ramen, it's the same stuff here as there, well, or so my friends from Japan say. We eat the same brand too (出前).

But, in restaraunts, I wouldn't be suprised if that were true. But, most of the Japanese food I've experienced was cooked by the aforementioned Japanese friends.

Quote Originally Posted by IcareAlot View Post
    Its called pot noodle.

Nobs.
    Pot Noodle, never been a fan. Especially of the fact it's in a pot

Can you put weeaboo on ramen?

Blue Lobstah Batman
    • Jan 2009
    • There was this one time when I hooked up my lawnmower to my Nintendo"
    • Male

I'm not too sure about the differences between Japanese and Foreign Market instant ramen. I do know that the beer you get in Japan is different than the beer you get outside of Japan (due to the difference in breweries). Japanese Sapporo is 10X better than the American Stuff.

Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

Quote Originally Posted by Blood-Katana View Post
    Can you put weeaboo on ramen?
    They'd taste too much like Pocky for my liking.

Oppan Gangnam Style
    • Jan 2007
    • Kidnappin' Koreans in Kanadia
    • Female

Yeah, I buy pork and potato flavoured ramyn, but it's not cheap. (ramyn is the Korean form of ramen, isn't it? ) I like sukiyaki flavoured ramen the best, but I don't think it's ramen.. the noodles are wider and flat.

Thank you, Aoide

No.

Can't stand the stuff.

I love ramen, i buy it every once in a while when i'm low on money, but yea it's delicious.
     Spoiler

Originally posted by FROIDBUSTER
    It's nights like these that I wish we still had tinychat and Neji.
    Originally posted by ^_Elysium_^
    You know he's a Genius right? You think locks can stop that schlong?
    Originally posted by ^_Elysium_^
    Exactly, all you social inepts need to become Neji.